Bison all dressed up ready to play.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Stripped Docs supposed Dura-coat(believe it was metal flake black paint) off stock to bare wood as it was flaking off like spray paint anyway and painted 5 coats of tan truck bed liner followed by 6 coats of matte clear.. added a slip on limb saver pad and a 3x9 Burris Compact scope and the gun is improved 100 percent.. Only thing left is to order a neoprene cheek piece as Doc squared the edges off on comb of stock real bad and she bites your cheek bone when shooting..
Stock is a little darker tan then in pics but sun kinda washed pics out.

2366c2.jpg

1zoknkn.jpg

Shawn it has a slightly rough texture,with the clear on it made it feel about perfect. I can't get on forum on my computer just realized could get on tablet.
Never mind it loads on my computer using Firefox not sure why Internet Explorer no longer works.

Is that stock myrtle wood? Only one I own is the thunder shotgun, the rest are laminate or composite.
Just me, but I prefer a darker color stock to match the woods better, either in a brown or traditional black.

I believe Doc said stock was either myrtle or maple, I actually prefer something a little darker also and later on may add some darker to it but wanted something different this time.. hunting 20-25 ft up in a climber deer don't you near as much as if your down lower.. also by the time they see me when gun hunting its usually too late if I've decided to shoot them :D

Theres all different types of black bed liner spray, I think they even have it in Dark Grey maybe.

toytruck said:
Is that stock myrtle wood? Only one I own is the thunder shotgun, the rest are laminate or composite.
Just me, but I prefer a darker color stock to match the woods better, either in a brown or traditional black.

dbowling said:
Its pouring down rain right now or that's what Id be doing, maybe Wed as I have to take my Mom to doctor tomorrow.
Take good care of your mom! I lost mine in 2012, still miss her very much. :(

dbowling said:
Shawn it has a slightly rough texture,with the clear on it made it feel about perfect. I can't get on forum on my computer just realized could get on tablet.
Never mind it loads on my computer using Firefox not sure why Internet Explorer no longer works.
Sounds good. Thanks.

I use Chrome about all the time now. IE was just too buggy for me.

She has a very rare form of slow growing cancer seeing Doc tomorrow to decide what to do, hopefully she wont have to go thru chemo or anything as she's almost 81 and would be very hard on her.

toytruck said:
dbowling said:
Its pouring down rain right now or that's what Id be doing, maybe Wed as I have to take my Mom to doctor tomorrow.

dbowling said:
She has a very rare form of slow growing cancer seeing Doc tomorrow to decide what to do, hopefully she wont have to go thru chemo or anything as she's almost 81 and would be very hard on her.

toytruck said:
dbowling said:
Oh, I'm so sorry Dean!! Mom's are special people. My mom was 88, they found a brain tumor in April an she was gone in June, but didn't have any pain. My prayers are with you all!!

dbowling said:

toytruck said:
dbowling said:
Prays and well wishes for Mom Dean!

thanks appreciate it.

toytruck said:
dbowling said:

toytruck said:
Oh, I'm so sorry Dean!! Mom's are special people. My mom was 88, they found a brain tumor in April an she was gone in June, but didn't have any pain. My prayers are with you all!!

Dean, my prayers are with you and your mom. I lost my mom 3 yrs ago to lung cancer. She was 86. She was tied of the treatment and every day she would wake up and say “ I’m still here?” Grin

Try Edge if you liked IE. But Chrome and Firefox work better on forums.

And I love the look of your gun. That is a lot of work for a nice looking finish.

Looks sweet! I have the same one from doc, unfired. While I do like the coating he put on it, after close inspection, it’s not an extremely well done coat job.

Latest posts

Back