Black Horn price

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knightshooter

Reaction score
When you guys order your Blackhorn powder are you paying the 20.00 haz mat charge and 9.99 sh. fee that all the shooting supply places are charging> if so it comes out to 60.00 for 10 oz......my gunshop had never heard of it. also is anyone getting good accuracy with the .45 200 gr. SST and 777 powder? I just traded for the .45 Disc Elite and Im getting ready to try to put together a load for next deer season...also has anyone shot the all lead conicals by T/C, if so how do they shoot from the .45 Disc, would think they would be great out to 100 yds if they shoot.

knightshooter said:
When you guys order your Blackhorn powder are you paying the 20.00 haz mat charge and 9.99 sh. fee that all the shooting supply places are charging> if so it comes out to 60.00 for 10 oz......my gunshop had never heard of it. also is anyone getting good accuracy with the .45 200 gr. SST and 777 powder? I just traded for the .45 Disc Elite and Im getting ready to try to put together a load for next deer season...also has anyone shot the all lead conicals by T/C, if so how do they shoot from the .45 Disc, would think they would be great out to 100 yds if they shoot.

I get mine from basspro for $30

Knightshooter,

Not sure if you have a Sportsmans Warehouse in your neck of the woods, but they sell them for $27.99 per container

black horn

taylorhaught said:
Knightshooter,

Not sure if you have a Sportsmans Warehouse in your neck of the woods, but they sell them for $27.99 per container

Is that a pick it up price or is that shipped to you, only thing close to me is Gander Mt. and they pretty much suck...midsouthshooters supply has it for 28.00 or so but has a 20.00 haz.mat and 9.99 sh. charge....

In late October, I went to Gander Mtn in Charleston WV and after a long wait for the customer service rep in the Firearms department, they had never heard of Blackhorn 209! Judging from the inflated prices I observed on various items there, the long wait and the seemingly poor product knowledge, I resolved to never again go back. Hopefully Wally World will catch on, they will order so much at once the Haz Mat fee will be a non factor by the time it trickles down to the consumer.

Does the hazmat fee apply to all shipping? If I were to ship it myself, would I have to pay extra?

black horn

lane said:

Lane, thanks for the links I think Ive looked at a couple of them already...

If Im not mistaken the Haz mat charge applies to everyone who ships powder or blackpowder substitutes..

black horn

lane said:

If Im not mistaken the Haz mat charge applies to everyone who ships powder or blackpowder substitutes..

black horn

lane said:

taylorhaught said:
Knightshooter,

That's cheap!

that has been their price all year and that was pick up at the store. Sprotsmans doesnt have online shopping (dont know why, but it drives me crazy)

Watch for sales on BH 209.

I found a sale at MidwayUSA for $24.99. I got with a couple of buddys that shoot it and we ordered 10 containers of it (I almost said lbs, but it's 10 oz per container)

That made it $28 per container delivered to us after adding the $20 Haz Mat fee and $10 shipping.

I just checked MidwayUSA's web site and it's not on sale anymore.....sorry.

hjbuys said:
Does the hazmat fee apply to all shipping? If I were to ship it myself, would I have to pay extra?

Unless you are authorized to ship hazmat, Joe Blow can not ship powder.

If it were me, I would get some friends together and buy a large order of the stuff. Paying $60/10 oz, does not seem like the brightest move in my mind.

AJ, CarlV is a yooper! Law don't matter up there, that is still frontier country my friend. :p :lol:

Re: 209

Bucker said:
AJ, CarlV is a yooper! Law don't matter up there, that is still frontier country my friend. :p :lol:
True...True :)

Just to set the record straight, I didn't ship any powder (I have no desire to end up in the "Iron Bar Motel" :)). Anyone can recieve it.

Last time I check at the Savannah, GA Bass Pro, BH209 was $34 per container. I recently purchased 5 containers from Midway USA for $24 each. That way I can take advantage of the HAZMAT fee and with that many cans it actually comes out cheaper than if I bought it at Bass Pro.

Back