Black Ice Coatings

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCee67

Reaction score
Ok, probably nobody knows the answer to this, as far as actual testing. It has been a topic in the "Inline Muzzleloading" section. Does anybody think that the "Black ice" coating would be a bad idea for the MLII? I know a coating on the barrel would hold a lot of heat in the barrel, taking much longer to cool. For the everyday Joe that doesnt spend every other weekend at the range, it might not be that much of a problem, except on really warm days. I have been giving some serious thought to this for use on my first MLII with the blued barrel, as i usually take a couple of guns to shoot at the range also. Sounds like a great project test for somebody!! :wink: http://www.blackicecoatings.com/

I know a coating on the barrel would hold a lot of heat in the barrel, taking much longer to cool.

I wouldn't give it a second thought. I don't think you'd ever notice the difference if there was one. I say DO IT!

Latest posts

Back