..... Black Powder INFO ..........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
;)

Just bought 3#'s Goex 2F and 2#'s 2F Olde Eynsford from Powderinc and I wanted to let you know the price went up $10.00 from last year. It is now $135.00 for 5#'s, w/hazmat charge, shipped UPS. Monday they will contact me and give me the tracing # for UPS. You can mix and match the powders.

I need some comments and opinions concerning the OE powder. Never used it. It it just as good as Goex or better? Does it burn hotter and is the charge the same for both :?: 
Comments needed.

Ray..............

I figure you spent $27/lb. average. That's higher than what I paid locally 5-6 months ago.

I just checked Graf's based on a 5 lb. shipment:

Goex = $24.68/lb.
Graf's (Schuetzen) = $22.58/lb.
Old Eynesford = $26.18/lb.

Graf's raised their hazardous fee from $28 to $30/shipment.

I ordered 5 lbs. of Graf's (Schuetzen) 4 months ago and found that it is less dirty and more uniform than Goex.

Ray, you'll really like that 2fg in that .58cal Hawken of yours!

I actually liked the 1 1/2 fg OE, it was extremely accurate and gave me a little over 1,600 FPS with I think was a 90gr charge.

;)

Thanks gents for your replies. All the info is always helpful down the road.

Ray.............. :Salute:

Bob,
Seems to me that Graf's is more then I paid. For what I bought, 3#'s of Goex and 2#'s of OE, I paid 135.00. Graf's wants 156.40 for the same order. 

Ray.............

Prices sure went up. 2 years ago I bought 5lbs of OE from Graf's for $111 to my door.

Are you adding up right Ray? I just checked Graf's and I get $130 FOR 5lbs of OE delivered.

OE......$18.59lb X 5 = $92.95

Hazmat.....................$30

Free shipping with $7.95 handling.

$92.95
$30
 $7.95
$130.90

Maybe you guys already know this and I'm sure you do. But Maine Powder house does free shipping with 25lbs if you can get someone else to take some might be a good way to go. I can get Goex local for 20.00 a lb so I don't know if I would do it or not. Al

Pete,
 I'm going by what Bob said. He said he just checked and it was $26.18 per pound. That's 156.40 shipped.
Anyway I bought 5#'s to my door for 130.00.

Ray..............

Yes, but from Graf's you could have got 5lbs of OE instead of just two that you got.

I've bought from most places and Graf's has the best prices. I used to buy Swiss by the case from Maine Powder, but I don't shoot that much anymore. Plus, Swiss prices are stupid now.

Ray, that $26.18/lb. included shipping and HazMat. The price of straight powder is less than that if you pick it up in Missouri. It's $18.59/lb. if you pick it up in person.

If you bought more than 5 lbs., it would be cheaper still.

Muley, Swiss is $10 more/lb. than Graf's (Schuetzen).

Latest posts

Back