Blackhorn 209, best online purchase?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
No one in my area is carrying BH 209 any more! Basspro and Cabelas were about the only ones and they have now stopped carrying it! So I guess I will have to start buying online and paying the hazmat fee. Where is the best place to buy it online?

I think Midsouth has the best prices currently on the 10oz and 5#. Read the description on the 5#, it made me laugh. All listed as in stock.

DESCRIPTION
Blackhorn 209 High Performance Muzzleloading Powder (10 Oz)
by WESTERN & ACCURATE POWDER

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/ ... der-(10-oz)

DESCRIPTION
Blackhorn 209 High Performance Muzzle loading Powder (5 Lbs)
by Hodgdon

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/ ... der-(5-lbs)

Not sure who has the best prices on the 4 packs right now? But I don't think it's Cabelas.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/HODGDON ... 206409.uts

Grafs has it and charges less for shipping. You might want to tally up the totals before just selecting the lowest base price.
https://www.grafs.com/catalog/product/productId/23941
$243.99
$7.95 flat rate
$10 hazmat
$261.94

The others are still probably cheaper but i would check and see. You may need to call them since i didnt see a shipping estimator without registering or going through the order process.

Cabelas in Columbus OH has some. Not sure where you are in the world. I was there monday and they had 4. Was going to buy then all but only took 2 so maybe someone else could get some. Hoping for some good karma from the gun gods. LOL

You never know what you might bump into. When Walmart started their after hunt sale I watch them mark stuff down when they got to the Blackhorn the manager came walking up and I offered $200 for the 15 cans they had left and he took it. I should be good for a couple of years.

Lee 9 said:
You never know what you might bump into. When Walmart started their after hunt sale I watch them mark stuff down when they got to the Blackhorn the manager came walking up and I offered $200 for the 15 cans they had left and he took it. I should be good for a couple of years.
I almost fell off the couch reading this. :applause:

rangerod said:
Lee 9 said:

Wow, me too.

They don't even carry it at our WM's. This year they had very little hunting stuff out side of a whole row of camo clothing. Tiny bit of archery, tiny bit of BP.

Locally a few gun stores carry it, all at roughly $45/bottle. I think next time I run out I'm just getting 5# online somewhere.

That's what I normally do Mike, but if you fall in it and can come up with less than wholesale why not. I just hope they stock it next year, some times those kind of sales mean they are going to quit stocking something and it started out at a better price than I seen elsewhere.

WV Hunter said:
rangerod said:
Lee 9 said:

Wow, me too.

They don't even carry it at our WM's. This year they had very little hunting stuff out side of a whole row of camo clothing. Tiny bit of archery, tiny bit of BP.

Locally a few gun stores carry it, all at roughly $45/bottle. I think next time I run out I'm just getting 5# online somewhere.

They carried it at my WM. As I didnt need any I just kept an eye out. It sold out before the end of the season. :x

Maybe this year :yeah:

txhunter58 said:
No one in my area is carrying BH 209 any more! Basspro and Cabelas were about the only ones and they have now stopped carrying it! So I guess I will have to start buying online and paying the hazmat fee. Where is the best place to buy it online?

Did those stores state they are discontinuing Blackhorn permanently? Many stores do not restock muzzleloader supplies in spring and summer.... not until August or September.

I just bought a jug of it at my Grand Rapids, Mi. store. They had been out for a while, but now have it.

Though the price can be beaten online from other vendors, BPS will let you order items with free shipping to store if they list it online but don't carry it on the shelf. Before I found a local source for Goex I had them do this for me a few times.

Busta, i'm super thankful for your recommendations to buy hgh as i found what i was looking for by searching through your links. generally, thanks everyone else for sharing as i found it all very helpful. can i ask you other questions in case i will have any? thanks!

Hirtire82 said:
Busta, i'm super thankful for your recommendations as i found what i was looking for by searching through your links. generally, thanks everyone else for sharing as i found it all very helpful. can i ask you other questions in case i will have any? thanks!

You're welcome. Ask questions anytime.

Latest posts

Back