Blackhorn 209 price hike

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just left my local reloading store and my buddy just told me that his distributor for BH209 has about 30 bottles for him. His price was $58 per 8 oz bottle. They told their distributor they could keep it for that price. Looks like I won’t be buying anymore unless the price comes back down. I have enough for a couple years and will switch to loose 777 when I run out.

There is no reason to pay that kind of money, while it is a bit less hassle then 777 it is no more accurate when loads are worked up carefully and not that much faster.. the difference in speed makes very little difference in how dead a critter is at most normal hunting distances.
I wont ever buy any again unless it comes back down to a reasonable price which it will never do if people keep paying stupid prices, people need to just refuse to buy it for a year or so then maybe they will take the hint.
Plus I like shooting my big conicals better so 777 works great.

$58 is before his markup, so probably $65+ when it hits the shelf.
Probably more. Hard to run a business when you have a super low mark up. Can't blame him though for not wanting to gouge. But someone would likely buy it still even at $75 or $80 a bottle. Not me.

There is no reason to pay that kind of money, while it is a bit less hassle then 777 it is no more accurate when loads are worked up carefully and not that much faster.. the difference in speed makes very little difference in how dead a critter is at most normal hunting distances.
I wont ever buy any again unless it comes back down to a reasonable price which it will never do if people keep paying stupid prices, people need to just refuse to buy it for a year or so then maybe they will take the hint.
Plus I like shooting my big conicals better so 777 works great.
Orderd another pound of T7 yesterday. I will just continue to use it.

I bought an 8 ounce jug of it earlier this year when I began contemplating getting into muzzleloading. Hell, I don't even have a ML to put it in yet! Anyway, the current price is definitely not what I'd be willing to pay. Looking ahead, I'm thinking I might stock up on T7 myself.

I just left my local reloading store and my buddy just told me that his distributor for BH209 has about 30 bottles for him. His price was $58 per 8 oz bottle. They told their distributor they could keep it for that price. Looks like I won’t be buying anymore unless the price comes back down. I have enough for a couple years and will switch to loose 777 when I run out.
I'm right there with you. I wish there was another powder close to 777 in performance because I'd use that just to stick it to Hodgdon...not much of a fan of those guys.

Shooters World Multi-Purpose Black 3F is not as powerful as Triple Seven or the precious BH 209 but there is never a problem with a crud ring.

Problem: It's out of stock.

Back