Books reference on Smokeless...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geraldbergeron

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for sone books references on powders for the SM10-II: speed, composition, physical properties,...

...........................Thank you....................................Gerald............./

geraldbergeron said:
Hi,

I am looking for sone books references on powders for the SM10-II: speed, composition, physical properties,...

...........................Thank you....................................Gerald............./

IMO some of the best references are the reloading manuals from the powder makers themselves. Those from Vihtavuori-Lapua, Hodgdon, and Accurate Arms are full of great information. Other great sources are reloading manuals from Sierra Bullets, Richard Lee, and Lyman offer great info as well!

The loads listed in your owners manual,will get you the performance that you need(in almost all cases). I've tried about every powder I could get my hands on,and settled on V V N110-42grs. a 250gr SW/SST,and MMP HPH12 sabot,with a fed 209A primer. With this load the gun will shoot better than I can. Ron :D

big6x6 said:
geraldbergeron said:
Hi,

IMO some of the best references are the reloading manuals from the powder makers themselves. Those from Vihtavuori-Lapua, Hodgdon, and Accurate Arms are full of great information. Other great sources are reloading manuals from Sierra Bullets, Richard Lee, and Lyman offer great info as well!

Hi Big6x6,

How do you get those reloading manuals ? from the companies themselves ?

Thank you for the attention.

......................................................................Gerald................./

http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/browse?TabID=11&Categoryid=15810&categorystring=10614***

It's really hard for me to decide on which are the best. These books are mostly FIRARMS related, that being rifles/handguns but much of it applies to the Savage as well. For instance powders that are good in the .44 Rem Mag, .454 Casull, .444 Marlin, 45-70 Govt, et al have shown to be good ones for the 10ML-II. There are also articles concerning trajectory, ballistic coefficients, bullets, propellants etc. I really enjoy the Sierra, Hornady, and Speer manuals because they make bullets and they go into great detail concerning their bullets. Sierra is second to none when it comes to ballistics. Lymans Reloading manual and blackpowder handbook are really great reads as well.. I have most of the major reloading manuals here starting in 1976.....

Others may have suggestions that I have missed.

Latest posts

Back