Bore Butter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you search previous posts you'll find a home-made cleaner solution for swabbing the barrel. (equal parts windshield washer fluid and alcohol, in case you don't find it.) Swab with a wet patch, turn it over and swab again. do te same with a dry patch until you come out clean. Use a quality gun oil (sparingly) to lube the barrel if you're storing the rifle. Stay away from Bore Butter! It's a bullet lube, and not a very good one IMO.

the manual for my omega says not to put anything in the barell for lubrication. oil for storage but thats it. after cleaning of course.

That's correct loadbreak. And just to be sure I always snap off 2 primers after a good swabbing, in case any solution went into the vent. Hope I made it clear the oil was ONLY for storing. I like Rem-Oil or the Knight's spray lube.

Had the same experience with borebutter as the others. Did EVERYTHING the manual said and came back to a rusted barrel. If you don't value that muzzleloader follow the manuals directions!

Darrell

2fas2c....

what kind of alcohol......isoprophyl (rubbing), methanol (wood) or ethanol (vodka)......thanks

Latest posts

Back