borescope photo!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exarcher

NRA and NAA Life member
Supporting member
Reaction score
bought this "android and PC endoscope" for less than $25,, i paid over $400 for my hawkeye rigid borescope when i was shooting benchrest but since ML sidelock barrels are just viewable through the muzzle, i couldn't even see 1/2 the barrel.. this thing i have plugged into the computer & it shows on the screen & allows video & photo "snaps",, want to know what your barrel looks like at the breech,, this is the ticket.. i caught it on sale for much less than the $25 list so bought it. that like across the center is a pick inserted through the flash hole,,, this thing works pretty good, esp for the price! (amazon) it will work on your phone too it is a small cable with brightness adjustment & mirror & a couple things i don't know what could be used for..,, package not much larger than ones wallet!

Attachments

• scopephoto2.jpg
    scopephoto2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1
I just bought a Teslong bore scope that also plugs into my phone or computer. It was just a little under $60 and I got the extra mirrors for different bore sizes. I wanted to be able to see what kind of shape the rifling was in on a couple of older abused guns I bought. It really surprised me to see how much pitting I found deep down the barrels I thought looked good using a drop in bore light.

I have two (2) NTG100Hs and one (1) tricked out 17" HS17-SHOT- AEP OR NVK KIT.
The very nice lady at Gradient Lens rigged up my kit to include both the SuperNOVA
led light and 90 degree angled eyepiece for the same price as Bruno's was selling the 17"
Slim Line kit, including the hard case. Teslong and the various lenses are great [NTG side-view mirrors, A-E].

"I'll never leave Montana, brother. Nor give up my Gradient Lens kit."
quote from the flick/book, A Borescope Runs Through It.

Last edited:
bought this "android and PC endoscope" for less than $25,, i paid over $400 for my hawkeye rigid borescope when i was shooting benchrest but since ML sidelock barrels are just viewable through the muzzle, i couldn't even see 1/2 the barrel.. this thing i have plugged into the computer & it shows on the screen & allows video & photo "snaps",, want to know what your barrel looks like at the breech,, this is the ticket.. i caught it on sale for much less than the $25 list so bought it. that like across the center is a pick inserted through the flash hole,,, this thing works pretty good, esp for the price! (amazon) it will work on your phone too it is a small cable with brightness adjustment & mirror & a couple things i don't know what could be used for..,, package not much larger than ones wallet!
Have a link for this?

The very nice lady at Gradient Lens rigged up my kit to include both the SuperNOVA
led light and 90 degree angled eyepiece for the same price as Bruno's was selling the 17"
Slim Line kit, including the hard case. Teslong and the various lenses are great [NTG side-view mirrors, A-E].

i need the 90 degree eyepiece myself,, but it's been so long i've got used to smashing my cheek on the stock!! i got the endoscope because of the length (& price).. but the side view with mirror is not "great"..

i think i bought mine from Sinclair,, but its been so long i could be wrong,,, i wish sinclair was still in business... Brownells (who bought sinclair) "ain't what it used to be". at least as far as things i need/buy

i think i bought mine from Sinclair,, but its been so long i could be wrong,,, i wish sinclair was still in business... Brownells (who bought sinclair) "ain't what it used to be". at least as far as things i need/buy
From the tons of "He/She/You/I have been Brownelled memes/vids/yada:

"Worst Brownelled video I have ever seen"
I dagnabit near died when I read one of the ARFCOMer's response, "Some people pay extra for that..."

The bore scope did answer the problem of random blown patches in my 12 bore rifle.

Near the bottom is cutter chatter on one cut.

Every now and then the Levi material would be shredded. A heavy canvas patch solved the problem.

But at least I know the cause.

Latest posts

Back