Borrowed Gun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peteo

Reaction score
My good friend Harry won a TK-2000 at a NWTF banquet. He was going to stick it in the gun cabinet. I told him to use it this year cause I had read that it was a dandy of a gun. The next day he brought it in and told me to figure it out and let him know how it did. Well today it did its job! I killed a 23 1/2 # Tom with a 11 3/4 beard and just over an inch spurs at 7:00 am.
Where I was hunting was all low river bottom that had been flooded with just high spots like little islands surrounded by 8 to 20 inch water. The two toms lgobbled at me when I broke a stick moving onto their island. I found a place to sit and got their attention with some soft clucking. When they gobbled right back, I cackled at them and they fired up hotter and started my way. I cut at them again and saw there red heads coming thru the brush. The bigger Tom went around me and I could'nt turn but was able to get on the other one. That Tom wound up wearing my tag after a 100 grains of FFFg and a Knight red wad filled to the brim with #6 shot brought him to a sudden stop at 19 yards.
That Knight shotgun patterned with that load at 40 yards with 23 pellets in the skull and vertebrae of a turkey target. The load got considerably tighter as the distance was reduced, I know thats the way its supposed to work. I sure did like shooting it as the thumbhole stock gives you a good grip, the recoil is neglible and the sights come in line with your eye quickly. Well good luck to the rest of you!

Latest posts

Back