Bought a centerfire!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
I saw it 3 weeks ago! An M39 Mosin - Nagant 7.62x39!

I finally came in with some cash and bought her! It looks new old stock, covered in that nasty smellyu grease inside and out. Bore is perfect, Came with the original side mounted bayonette.

Stock has some chips but expected for its age. I plan on building it up over time and using a composite stock.

Sucker is HEAVY! Barrel looks to be 22-24" ??

I'll be sure to take pictures once i get home!!

Man am i excited over this LOL

Ought to be fun with some cast boolits!!!! Hogue stock and a good peep and it would make a fine South Alabama hog gun!

Daman

turned out that the rifle is the Hungarian M44 version. Good rifles from the stuff ive been reading. Made from 1952-1953

I always considered the "Short 30" ( 7.62 x 39) with the 154 grain SP a great 100 yard deer cartridge as it is close to the 30-30 ballistics. A real piece of history you got there FG.

What a fun gun to own..and cheap to shoot :!:

$167 for 880 rounds of 7.62x54R ammo!

Ive been searching for a while and the stuff they got for the rifle is simply awesome.

For the price i paid, i can do a lot more work with add ons before i feel the sting LOL.

All the metal may end up at Ultra Coatings for finishing

Well heres some Ok pictures. I plan on taking more once my nephew and i get it cleaned up in the morning.
000_2139.jpg

000_2140.jpg

000_2142.jpg

000_2143.jpg

000_2144.jpg

000_2145.jpg

you think the carbine is heavy ? my 91/30 has a 29.5 inch barrel lol . that thing is heavy . good looking rifle . id leave it as is , but thats me . i let mine alone except for fixing an old repair . it has a great bore and is not counter-bored .
cimg0110.jpg

cimg0211.jpg

cimg0212.jpg

this is were i buy ammo for mine
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index.php/cName/762x54r-fmj-ammo

looking forward to a range report and after cleanup pics . remember that ALL 7.62.54R surplus ammo IS corrosive .

I did not know the Mosin Nagant was available n 7.62x39. The only ones I've seen or sold in our store are the 7.62x54's. Interesting, to say the least. Learn something new everyday.

Thanx,

JohnP

P.S., Frontier, how mudh did the Mosin set you back?

It set me back $120 out the door, ffl and all!

Nice mosin! that barrel does look long and heavy LOL.

all mosins are 7.62x54R . if its anything else its been converted/re-barreled .and yeah its heavy . but Using a quick sling hold it shoots very well of hand .

Latest posts

Back