Bowtech Tribute

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doohan

Reaction score
Was snooping at the local bowshop and test fired a few bows. Matthews Outback and the new Tribute from Bowtech. I left the XT on the shelf as it was more than I wanted to spend.

I really liked both bows, both were very smooth and quiet. After shooting both quite a bit, took a few days off then returned... I ended up favoring the Bowtech.

Besides owning a crossbow, this was really my first attempt at a bow. I had been curious for some time but felt rather intimidated by even the thought of mastering a bow. I was pleasantly surprised!

I configured it with the smooth cams, a little over 65# draw with an ultra rest, 3pin Tru Glow site, peeper, T.R.U. release, Sims stabilizer, and topped it off with a dozen Carbon Express Maxima 350's ... With 100gr field tips it is shooting right at 273 fps.

I spent the last few days shooting the heck out of it and setting up the rest of my pins. I even got the ladder out and shot from the roof of one of my out buildings at various ranges. 8) ( now my wife KNOWS I'm nuts, she can hardly get me to clean the gutters out!! :d'oh!: )

To say I am impressed would be a gross understatement! I am in awe of this smooth, forgiving, ultra quiet bow. 3 weeks and counting!

Thanks for reading -

J.J.

ps... any advice - I'm all EARS!

I wonder what you are going to buy next? :p Just kidding. I'm thinking of getting a Bow myself. I'll learn from your mistakes first. :)

Practice, practice, practice! And practice with your broadheads too! Practice with your hunting coat on and practice drawing/shooting sitting down. Practice from a treestand and practice on the ground. Practice until your shots are consistant and sound. Probably best to practice when Sarah and Jon aren't around! Don't worry JJ, you're whitetail bound! :lol:

Congratulations! You just entered a new aspect of the sport in which you can spend thousands!!!

NJ bow season opens next Sat. and I plan on being out there. Try and practice at further distances then you intend to shoot game at. When you are flinging arrows at a 3D target @ 40 yds. 20 yds seems like a snap.

Did you paper tune your new rig? Shoot an arrow through a piece of loose leaf paper (make sure you have a back stop a few feet behind your piece of paper :wink: You'll be able to tell alot by the rips in the paper from your fletching.

Doohan said:
ps... any advice - I'm all EARS!

Just a few things.

Don't pee by your stand

Don't take food in loud wrappers into the stand

Be in the woods as much as possible

watch the wind

And practice when I'm not around , I hate it when I shoot your bow better than you. :lol: :lol: :p

Just kiddin.... You got a great bow and your already shooting it great . You'll stick a deer with it this year. When you do call me . I'll help you get it out.

I guess I will need to take an empty water bottle and put my pop tarts in ziplock bags! :cry: :D :D

Doohan said:
I guess I will need to take an empty water bottle and put my pop tarts in ziplock bags! :cry: :D :D

Now your catching on ................ :D :poke:

I should've never shot it. I've spent 1/2 of today looking at bows on the web. :drool: :wall:

You really liked it better than the Outback. I am going over this dilemma in my head also. I have a PSE that is 6 years old. Although it shoots very good I am ready to upgrade to something faster, lighter, smaller, quieter, 80% letoff, and about 70 lbs. draw weight. Did you happen to draw any others that caught your eye or once you picked up the bowtech were you hooked?

Here's my advise JJ....
Take a garbage bag to the roof so you have something to put the leaves in :lol: :roll:

and............... you're HOOKED now!

You are right Spit! I am hooked!! I cant keep this thing out of my hands. 8)

I did pick it over the Outback. In all honesty that isnt saying all that much. The Outback is an older design while the Tribute is the latest and greatest from Bowtech.

All things being EQUAL my decision boiled down to :

* Ability to change cams for about $20 and without restringing the bow. Similarly with the Outback it would be $75 and done by a bow shop.

* The Tribute was a bow I could grow into. I felt if I wanted to, I could increase the draw weight and hunt in the 290's ( fps ) Cant do that with the Outback 260's is about it, maybe a bit more.

* I was just more accurate with the Bowtech.

Those were my only reasons to go with the Tribute. I really felt I could do no wrong with either bow and had one heck of a time making my decision. Perhaps if I had tried the XT things may have turned out different.

Thanks to all of you who answered my calls and pm's ! I appreciate your time!
:yeah:
JJ

Latest posts

Back