Boxing and Shipping an Inline

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for others who have experience with boxing and shipping an inline muzzleloader. I have a TC Omega Z5 and I have no idea what the boxing or requirements are for shipping one in the lower 48.
What experiences do you all have?

I never shipped an inline but have sent a few sidehammer guns.
You can save money by breaking it down, taking the barrel off.
The USPS charges extra for a box over 30 inches long.
UPS won't ship anything firearms related anymore.
FedEx will ship.
Wrap all the parts really well in bubble wrap and tape up the box good and tight.

I dissemble as much as possible. At least separate the barrel from the stock. So the box isnt as long. I make the box to fit from a larger box. Cut strips of cardboard so keep the pieces from rubbing together. Tape them into place so they don't get dislodged during handling. Dont forget the ramrod. I did twice. Had to tear the box apart and start over. Tape any small parts to a piece of cardboard or a piece of the gun. I print the adresses on a piece of paper and tape it to the box. Then I wrap the whole box with 3" wide clear tape. No edges to get caught or ripped.

I just mailed a ML to TN and didnt break it down. I should have and will next time. USPS charged me $48 to ship it Priority, sig required, over 30”, with $500 insurance. I asked about shipping and the clerk had to call the postmaster and get the info. At another post office they wouldn't allow it, not even interested in checking into it.

I had one shipped from East TN to Middle Tn, about 250 miles. USPS charged $14. No problem. Just answer the questions about liquid, explosives, etc.
Also sent one to Washington state via UPS.
Same deal, only $45.
Box it good, (plain box preferred), bubble wrap inside and good tape. 👍

Latest posts

Back