Boyds Stock for MK85

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabinajiles

Reaction score
I have a 50 cal Knight MK85 with a stainless barrel and black composite stock that I bought when they first came out. I would like to put a Boyds stock on it but Boy's doesn't list a MK85 specific stock. They do have stocks for an American Knight. A search of this site came up with a couple of posts that an MK85 would fit in an American Knight stock, and vice versa. Can anyone confirm this?

dbowling said:
I think the American Knight and LK-93 stock both will fit, might ask Sabotloader he will know for sure.
Boyds lists a stock for the LK-93 but in 54 cal. I have no idea if the barrel diameter was the same as the 50 cal.

no its not the same I believe the .54 had a bull barrel or at least bigger o.d..

sabinajiles said:
dbowling said:
I think the American Knight and LK-93 stock both will fit, might ask Sabotloader he will know for sure.
Boyds lists a stock for the LK-93 but in 54 cal. I have no idea if the barrel diameter was the same as the 50 cal.

dbowling said:
no its not the same I believe the .54 had a bull barrel or at least bigger o.d..

sabinajiles said:
dbowling said:

I pretty certain the OD of the actions is the same for 54, 50 and 45 so the barrel OD cant be larger. The contour could be larger but thats a simple fix. Ive put a 54cal GMB action in a regular Knight stock and it worked fine. Im also pretty sure that MK85 barrels were mostly all the same OD. Just the bore was different.

Back