Braving the heat in the morning

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Decided I need to get my ass in gear and make a video for the anti rust lube/applying it to the patch, etc. Today was 90* in the shade, god only knows how hot in the direct sun, but tomorrow I feel I can get the video done and maybe help fill in some voids when using the Anti-Rust patch lube.

What you say?

Hey....it's only in the 70's up here in Northern Idaho if you want to send that stuff up here for cooler temp experimentation! :thumbs up:

Come on Jonathan your younger than most of us stop whining about the heat. Wait till your as old as some of us you will be praying for that heat.

okay I went through 2 locations before i headed into the shop. Its dark yet lets in good natural light from the bay door. Its hot again, 90* in the shade so hopefully the video will look good. I got the tripod on the camera and a small wire wheel as a table lol.

Its pretty basic with most lubes, but I will offer some advice on the way I do it when i tear my rifle down for cleaning and then re-lube.

video is done! I did one video almost 9 minutes long, covering everything from the small details to showing you what it looks like after its been in 90+ degree sun, to what it looks like in oil form "microwave" to teflon tape on the nipple VS lube in hot weather. Just things I thought might help.

I will have a test video producing now so I will check that out and see how it looks.

While some complained about the hot weather yesterday, I had snow below the 7,000' mark and some is still there.

Our power has been off and on since yesterday due to lightning strikes.

Here I sit waiting to see the video.........

John

oh it most likely wont be up till the end of the week. Its 1.6 gigs which means I'll have to make a trip to my nephews and upload it there.

I just got in from a 43 mile bike ride and was wanting to watch a video and now I gotta wait. Man you would think a guy whos the head cheese would have all the right equipment to do that at his place. Whats up with that Jonathan

satellite internet LOL. I am lucky if I can upload a 650mb video before free time runs out.

Back