Breechplugs

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumpy

Reaction score
With all the different type of breechplug designs available in the different type/brand/model of muzzleloaders why is it not a common thing for "someone" to offer a certain design or different type or new design when certain issues exist with a make or model of rifle. Seems there are many different types around ie TC , Savage, H&R, and the barrels are basically all proofed steel so it would seem the simply designing a breechplug would be a simple matter of machining a nut with a hole in it to fit whatever rifle and or breechplug design you wanted to try.
Am I missing something with how the powder is ignited in the defferent makes of rifles.

Thanks In advance

Since no one else has responded here yet, I'll take a wild guess at it: it's probably like trying to take a part from a Ford and put it on a Chevy - they aren't interchangeable. Everyone wants their product to be a little different so you have to buy your replacement parts from them :wink:

Just my guess - but I a'int no expert.

IM jaybe :)

stumpy said:
With all the different type of breechplug designs available in the different type/brand/model of muzzleloaders why is it not a common thing for "someone" to offer a certain design or different type or new design when certain issues exist with a make or model of rifle. Seems there are many different types around ie TC , Savage, H&R, and the barrels are basically all proofed steel so it would seem the simply designing a breechplug would be a simple matter of machining a nut with a hole in it to fit whatever rifle and or breechplug design you wanted to try.
Am I missing something with how the powder is ignited in the defferent makes of rifles.

Thanks In advance

I didn't see this earlier. :( Generally if an aftermarket breechplug is made, it is made for a specific model since every company uses different designs.

http://www.prbullet.com/hornet.htm
http://www.prbullet.com/ah.htm

I can personally recomend the 25 ACP conversion for the Encore/Omega. It eliminates blowback into the action. It does not work on the Prohunter version of the Encore.

Latest posts

Back