Broke in the KRB Yesterday

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omegaman

Reaction score
Well it was supposed to get broke in Sept on a Co. elk.....instead it was a NY whitetail 200lb doe. Shot was lasered 140 yds, load was 110 gr 2f 777 Barnes 290gr TMZ and a Winchester primer.High shoulder shot dropped her on the spot and a complete pass thru.Scope was a Nikon Omega used the second circle and shot the deer as it was walking thru an opening in the brush

WOW!! that's a nice size doe and a heck of a shot. It sounds like you really have that rifle tuned in good.

Omegaman:
That is one heck of a doe(200 Lbs.). It must have been quite old. In 2003 we had a spwecial Firearm antlerless season here in Michigan & I jumped at the chance to see what my 6.5x55 Swedish mauser would do to a whitetail. It worked great, but my doe was aged @ 5-1/2 jears old by the DNR & she only weighed 140 Lbs. dressed. Do you hunt in an agricultural area??? I have seen a few does that might have been 200 Lbs. & they are HUGE!!!! In fact many years ago I saw a whitetail doe along I-75 near Roscommon that I SWEAR was the largest Whitetail that I have ever seen. I would guess between 300 & 350 Lbs.

Art Sehnke :wink:

SteveB said:
Was that the dressed wght?
Estimate or weighed?

Steve
Live weight going by chest circumfrence which was 41" and equates to approximately 204 lbs live weight

omegaman said:
SteveB said:
Estimate or weighed?
Live weight going by chest circumfrence which was 41" and equates to approximately 204 lbs live weight
Do you have a chart, or is there an online chart of which you're aware?

Nice shooting!!

-Mike

mikew17361 said:
omegaman said:
SteveB said:
Estimate or weighed?
Do you have a chart, or is there an online chart of which you're aware?

Nice shooting!!

-Mike
I have an actual tape with the corilations on it Live weight,field dressed weight and boned meat...this link will give you the weights from the chest girthhttp://www.uafg.org/deer_weight_tape.html

omegaman,
Congrats on the whitetail, sounds like that rifle is set up quite nicely. Too bad you didn't get a chance to test it out West, but sounds like the freezer will be full!

Latest posts

Back