Bull Shop 610 grain gas-checked conical test

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Underclocked

Reaction score
But first I fired out the load that had been in the Ultra Mag for over 14 and a half days. The original 4 shot group from sight in on November 2nd was still attached to my target box so I fired at it rather hurriedly. I think it did not so bad (half of that displacement was probably due to my anticipation of the big bruisers I was going to shoot :shock: ). All shots fired today were at 100 yards.

2003769515913531357_fs.jpg

Used a MAP dampened patch - both sides to swab after the shot above and after all subsequent shots. Didn't bother with a dry patch.

Dan sent me a dozen of these behemoth cruisers and asked if I would test a few. Fired the Bull Shop gas-checked 610 grain conicals over a charge of 60 grains of FFFg Swiss. I fired each shot as quickly as I could get reloaded for reasons unknown to me. :think: I knew that I had pulled up on shot 3 the moment I felt the trigger break :oops: .

2003719196710662614_rs.jpg

Recoil was not at all severe with that load. I think the group could have been more impressive with more carefully thrown charges and a bit more time between shots. The "greater than" symbol was intended to be a "less than" symbol. DOH!

The big boolits are magnificent but did fit a little loose in my Umag's bore. I could live with that. :)

Thankyouverymuch

I've now read the other topic about condensation and oxidation in a bore left loaded for a few days so I will explain the 14 day load a bit more. The White Umag was sighted in to deliver a cold, clean barrel shot as desired with 90 grains of FFFg Swiss beneath a 200 grain Shockwave.

The load above was made on a clean bore and, even though the rifle went through two different periods of light rain during those 14 days, it fired instantaneously and with reasonable accuracy. The bore was and is still perfect after cleaning this afternoon.

U C

That is some impressive groups , looks atot like the groups I was getting with yor bullet out of the KRB. Great

610gr Grizzlys in MO.

THANKS RON

UC

I've now read the other topic about condensation and oxidation in a bore left loaded for a few days so I will explain the 14 day load a bit more. The White Umag was sighted in to deliver a cold, clean barrel shot as desired with 90 grains of FFFg Swiss beneath a 200 grain Shockwave.

The load above was made on a clean bore and, even though the rifle went through two different periods of light rain during those 14 days, it fired instantaneously and with reasonable accuracy. The bore was and is still perfect after cleaning this afternoon.

Ditto...

Today, I switched from the Remington to a Renegade so i could harvest a deer during Idaho's ML season, I loaded the Renegade yesterday afternoon in the garage.... pulled the trigger on 3 - #11 caps... dry patched the barrel and then loaded it with T7-3f and a Bull Shop... Hunted all morning in a rotten rain. I knew the gun would still be OK at the end of the day but shot it anyway - no problem other than I wasted one of Dan's finest... brought it home 3 windex patches two dry patches. Let the barrel really dry - then loaded it up for a Saturday morning hunt (gotta go to cdad land for the next 3 days... grandkids are having a school Christmas concert)

UNDERCLOCKED

Talked to Dan last night and was bragging on your U C shorts and how Acc. that they were so I orderd 200 of the U C shorts and 200 of the NEX 460 both in .504 Thanks for putting me on YOUR bullet.
:yeah:
RON G.

Those 460 NEx are from a mold that TooTall designed and a very good choice.

Thanks for the kind words but that bullet mold was truly a collaborative effort and simply an evolution of design to fit into LEE Precision's mold constraints for two-cavilty blocks. My main input was creating the drawing that was used as basis for the mold's manufacture - but I did get to name it. :D

Something like that. :wink: When I put together the picture of Dan's bullets, I needed some abbreviated way to identify the different bullets. Where possible I used a portion of the mold identity but in the case of that bullet "a Mountain Molds custom mold designed by TooTall" seemed a bit long. So I called it the MT (for mountain) NEx (because it looks very like a NoExcuses bullet of similar weight and the x is for the halibut). :lol:

By the way, Chuck, this server seems to crash about every time I make a posting. Too much pressure? :D

Latest posts

Back