Bullet Inflation.. crazy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know your pain on that bulging Disc. Been suffering with degenerative disc for the last 30yrs but has really gotten bad the last 5yrs so I started getting shots. Worked great but now the insurance company denied my last set ans have to wait 6 months. Takes 2 or 3 days now to recover from doing simple stuff like putting up turkey blinds.

I thought about getting different plugs but haven't been shooting enough to justify the cost. I got the Cheddites when Brownells had them. Probably set for life too, same for bullets.

Hit it lucky Brownells had Fed 209-A primers I bought 1000 But before that panic set in so I bought several different plugs for different rifles that use LR,LRM, and LP primers which I have more than I will ever shoot All set if my health would just improve just found out by cat scan I have a bulging disc that is causing severe pain D^%$ this old age
man sorry to hear about that. I definitely wish for a speedy recovery for you.

So I recently got a notification from a friend that he has several (cheddites) 209 primers he wants to get rid of.. Are these any good? Im shooting an inline CVA Optima and Accura usually 100-120 grains of powder (loose and pellets) will these even work for my set ups?

I bought the Cheddites when Brownells had them recently. Would prefer the Feds but happy I got some at all!. Think the Cheds were a dollar cheaper so not a bad price in today's environment.
A friend of mine has a bunch of the Cheddites for me and said he used them in his muzzy. Said they'll work in my inline just fine but i'm a bit curious about it. What's your opinion on these primers. BTW they're shot-shell and being new to all this I've never fired a shot-shell primer before and wondering if they'll even work for me.

A friend of mine has a bunch of the Cheddites for me and said he used them in his muzzy. Said they'll work in my inline just fine but i'm a bit curious about it. What's your opinion on these primers. BTW they're shot-shell and being new to all this I've never fired a shot-shell primer before and wondering if they'll even work for me.
Yes they will work fine for you. Especially if you're shooting T7. But also theyll work fine on BH209. Shotshell 209 primers are what you have to have for BH209. They aren't the ideal primers for it but they'll do. They're a bit overkill for the T7, but if you can't get your hands on the ML specific 209 primers for the T7, then youve gotta use what you can. They will just make more crud ring down in your bore with T7.

Yes they will work fine for you. Especially if you're shooting T7. But also theyll work fine on BH209. Shotshell 209 primers are what you have to have for BH209. They aren't the ideal primers for it but they'll do. They're a bit overkill for the T7, but if you can't get your hands on the ML specific 209 primers for the T7, then youve gotta use what you can. They will just make more crud ring down in your bore with T7.
how about with preform pellets? I mainly use the whitehots and t7 pellets?

As Michiganmuzzy indicates they will work for your setup. Cheddites are a bit shorter than others so may leak more, also have heard they may not fit some breechplugs. As to use on 777, they work just fine but you will have the dreaded crud ring.

Latest posts

Back