Bullets/loads for Accura v2

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd123

Reaction score
Just ordered my Accura v2 with 27 inch barrel. Just lwanted to know what shoots best out of your accura v2 for those who have one. Thank you

The gentleman that owns this website should be back on end of this week, he would be a good choice for your needs. Jonathon should be returning after hunting mule deer out of state.

Harvester PT Gold 260 Gr. or Barnes TEZ 250 Gr. if you don't mind spending a few more $ for the Best. Either one in a Harvester Smooth Black Sabot with 100-105 Gr of BH209 will get the job done.

I had one but gave it a new home to focus on traditional. I finally found a great, accurate load with 90 grains Triple 7 FFFg and a .430 240 grain Hornady in a green Crush Rib sabot. I had to do a little extra care cleaning after a while with the plastic fouling but it was one-hole accurate at 100 yards. The projectile is not real aero dynamic for longer ranges but it put down many a deer right there right now.

The great thing is that the Accura V2 has a lot of load data out there and a lot of different bullets shoot well out of it. The most popular ones are probably the PowerBelt AeroLite 250gr and the Barnes T-EZ 250gr. As far as powder, the IMR White Hots usually end up with the best accuracy, but you can get good results out of some of the other pellets as well. If you're interested in loose powder, Blackhorn 209 is definitely the favorite and cleanest burning.

Shot with my Accura V2. 100 yd targets. 5 shots each target. No swabbing. Flash channel cleaned every 5 shots. 110 gr by volumeBH209 for all loads.  Average MV through my chronograph included. 
Left to right: Hornady .45 300 gr SST & Harvester short smooth black sabot 1790 fps, CEB .44 250 gr Maximus & Harvester smooth green sabot 1945 fps, Parker .45 275 gr BE & Harvester red crush rib sabot 1864 fps, Hornady .429 265 gr FTX & Harvester smooth green sabot 1857 fps, Hornady .458 250 gr Monoflex & MMP orange HPH sabot 1908 fps
21273413.jpg

250 / 290gr Barnes TEZ - 110gr Blackhorn209
250gr Hornady SST - 100-110gr Blackhorn209
260/300gr Harvester Scorpion PT Gold in Black Crush Rib Sabot - 100-120gr Blackhorn209
250/300gr Powerbelt Aerolite 90-110gr Blackhorn209
300/338gr Powerbelt Platinum 90-110gr Blackhorn209

The CVA rifles can shoot a lot of sabot combos, but I really love the 290gr Barnes TEZ with 110gr Blackhorn209, just a dream to shoot and the bullets really do their job well.

With Blackhorn209 you can use Winchester W209, CCI 209 Magnum or Federal 209A primers with great results assuming you buy the specific Blackhorn209 breech plug for that V2.

My vote is for target <a href='/tags/4' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #4'>#4</a>, the Hornady .429 265 grains are consistent performers at that velocity and very accurate in your rifle.

Sparkitoff said:
My vote is for target <a href='/tags/4' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #4'>#4</a>, the Hornady .429 265 grains are consistent performers at that velocity and very accurate in your rifle.
I took 3 whitetail deer in the last 2 seasons with that load. 97, 128 & 187 yds. All shots were broadside or quartering towards me and all where in the heart/lungs and complete pass throughs. All were DRT.

I took 3 whitetail deer in the last 2 seasons with that load. 97, 128 & 187 yds. All shots were broadside or quartering towards me and all where in the heart/lungs and complete pass throughs. All were DRT.
I got the CVA Accura V2 LR this Sept. and just sighted in 250 gr. Aerolite PB's. They shot very well but I'm wanting to try a sabot load that's more sensibly priced for my pocket book, but still works good on deer. Your FTX load looks very good, was wondering how was expansion if bullet was recovered. One question about .429 dia. Did you mean .430? But I take it you recommend.

.429-.430 are both common .44 diameters and both will use a green sabot from Harvester and Hornady. My Accura likes the XTP in 300 grain in the .44 cal with a green crush rib Harvester sabot over 77 weighed grains [110 by volume] of BH209 powder. I can swap the .44 cal load for a .45 cal, 300 grain XTP in a heartbeat and not lose but maybe 1/4" of group accuracy at 100 yards. Deep Curl bullets do an amazing job with accuracy in my gun with the 77 grain weighed powder charge. The Barnes T-EZ 290 grain shoots like a darn with the 77 weighed grains of 209 as well and is what will be used in the gun this fall for deer. The powerbelts have had too many expansion issues over the years and I'd simply pass on them as there are too many "better" bullets out there that cost less and are far more effective on game coming from an in-line.

With your Accura, I'd suggest getting the BH209 compatible breech plug and using the 209 powder. It is worlds ahead of any of the other blacks and subs as far as performance in all weather types in an inline goes, and the clean-up is a snap. My Accura and my Optima pistol have seen nothing but the 209 powder, ever, and have zero issues with being clean shooting, accurate and never have the "crud ring" headaches that come with pellets and subs when used with 209 primers.

I have a new pack of the Barnes 250gr T-EZ 24 bullets with sabots that I can't use now. I bought them to hunt the rifle season which is legal. I've decided to hunt the muzzleloader season instead and they aren't legal in Colorado for muzzleloader season.

$20 and i'll split shipping with you.

Back