Burris or Leupold???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakesdad

Reaction score
I'm looking for a decent pair of 8x42 roof prism binos.Done all the searches Nikon Monarch ATB seems to be popular,but does anybody have any experience with the Burris Landmark II? I get get them from grafs for 140 and I was in the store and saw they had the Leupold wind river cascades for 229. Is it worth the price difference for the Leupolds?Will mainly be using them for whitetails/turkeys and waterfowl scouting in missouri.Thanks for any input all suggestions appreciated!!!

I dont think you'd be disappointed with the Nikon Monarchs. I have several Leupold scopes but none of their binocs. Their field of view always seems the narrowest and the optics just dont justify their price. Leupold needs to get their binocs up to the standard of their scopes.

In this case the Leupold Windriver Cascade 8X42 has a FOV of 34.1 feet at 100yds and the Nikon Nikon Monarch ATB has a FOV of 33 ft at 100yds.

I have never owned any of the Nikon ATB binoculars. I have yet to own the Leupold Cascades but I HAVE owned the Leupold 8X42 Mesa porro-prism binoculars. I have never seen better optical quality for the money. Several here have those binoculars and really like them. Porro-prisms generally always have better optics than equally priced roof prism binoculars. This link here may be of interest to you.

Probably either the Nikon or the Leupold would be a fine choice. Personally, I woundn't get the Burris binoculars.

Back