Burris XTR Signature Rings

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used them on my Traditions Pursuit 50 caliber NW muzzleloader. Personally, I didn’t see any improved performance to justify the price. I love Burris products, I in fact use their scopes. However, for 100 dollar scope rings I didn’t think they were that great. I am just as happy using cheaper Leupold rings.

They are a serious set of rings.I have them on my 30-378 weatherby. They are some of the nicest rings I have tried, the shimming is nice too.You can't go wrong with them.

Made in China too. Only the 34mm rings are US made.
s-l1600.jpg

I came across a good buy on another Nightforce NXS 8-32x56, but the total elevation in the scope is only 62moa. It takes my 40moa mount and an additional 61.5moa with my NXS 5.5-22x50 to reach 1,000yds.

I just purchased two different sets of 30MM scope rings for a .45 caliber smokeless muzzleloader without a muzzle brake ( these guns kick!!)
The first set are Hanks Precision rings @ $120.00
The second set are Seekins Precision rings @ $ 150.00
Both are fantastic rings, but if I need another set I'd go with the Hanks, and save the $30.00
1676216766237.png
1676216495992.png

I just purchased two different sets of 30MM scope rings for a .45 caliber smokeless muzzleloader without a muzzle brake ( these guns kick!!)
The first set are Hanks Precision rings @ $120.00
The second set are Seekins Precision rings @ $ 150.00
Both are fantastic rings, but if I need another set I'd go with the Hanks, and save the $30.00
View attachment 31173
View attachment 31172
I currently use the Leupold Mark4 rings, which are the strongest Leupold makes. They work perfectly. Its not rings I'm looking for per say, but rather more elevation.

Smokeless I wouldn't need anything more than I already have. What I'm reviewing is, how could I get more moa for shooting BH. I already have a 40moa mount and still need 61.5moa to reach 1,000 yards. Fortunately my current Nightforce NXS has 100moa of total elevation adjustment. With the 40moa mount, I have right around 12moa to go down with it zeroed at 100yds. The other Nightforce NXS only has a total of 62moa vertical adjustment.

I could be wrong But all the Nightforce NXS scopes I own have 100 MOA verticle adjustment.Now I understand we don't get all of it but seems to a 20 or more MOA base would be the answer.

If you want to try a set out. I have a, 1 inch 30 MM, and 1.25 inch 30 MM, and a 34 MM set that are 1.50 that I an putting up for sale. $60 each
They were on my big bolt guns that Jeff F built and that I got from Carlos.
PM me if interested

I could be wrong But all the Nightforce NXS scopes I own have 100 MOA verticle adjustment.Now I understand we don't get all of it but seems to a 20 or more MOA base would be the answer.
A 40MOA base just gets me to 1K with 120grs VOLUME of BH209.

Notice the internal adjustment below..............

1676230598658.png

I use the 34mm on a long range .308 to get more moa, and have had great success. 20 moa in the base and 40 in the rings holding a vortex strike Eagle 5-25 which has 150moa internal adjustment. The very bottom of the scope sets me at 100 yard zero, which gives me 150moa vertical for stretching out well past the limits of most loads for the .308. But the rings works exactly as advertised.

Back