Buyer beware - prbullets - Cecil Epp

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still haven't heard anything from my bullet order. Aside from the initial order I have inquired 2 more times with no reply either time. Been 3 weeks. I just checked and my credit card hasn't been charged.
Ya can't help but wonder what the heck is really goin on over there. It won't be long & I'll need to put in another order for the Dead Centers I primarily use in my Accura, & all this kinda stuff doesn't exactly make me comfortable to make my next order without it becoming another bad experience. I've placed a cpl orders with PR BUllets in the last 3 yrs & to his credit, I had no probs or complaints with anything.

Cecil has my money. I have nothing in return.

I ordered ~300 sabots from Cecil at prbullets on October 3. I had to order by phone, since his web store only accepts USA addresses despite his being based in Canada.

Cecil ended our call after getting my order details. There was no confirmation of the order or of the shipment, and no tracking number provided to me at that time. He didn't even give me an order total that I should expect to see charged on my credit card.

After several weeks I reached out by email asking if there was a problem with the order. At this point Cecil gave me a Canada Post tracking number which indicated the order shipped on the 3rd and was delivered on October 6. In principle, this would have been amazing service...if the sabots had arrived.

My shipment of sabots was not delivered to me. I am confident in this fact, since I have several home security cameras which recorded the Canada Post delivery on October 6 (and every other day). I can also rule out porch piracy. It's a real problem, but that didn't happen here.

My best guess at what may have gone wrong was that the shipping address had been incorrectly recorded. Cecil was uninterested in helping with this, and he told me to investigate on my own. That was hard, since I didn't initiate the shipment or pay Canada post, Cecil did. Eventually an agent from Canada Post offered to receive my name and address and then confirm whether or not it matched what was on the order. To Cecil's credit, it did match.

I initiated a service incident record with Canada Post, but this process doesn't create compensation since I didn't give Canada Post any items or money. Cecil did this.

I asked Cecil to open a case for compensation on his end and to send me a refund or to send a replacement for the order. He has indicated that he will only refund me what (if anything) he receives from Canada Post. He has also stated several times that he doesn't believe he will get compensation, or that any of this is his responsibility.

I guess that's the crux my issue with Cecil. I paid him for a product (sabots) and a service (delivery). He sub contracted the delivery service with Canada Post, and he believes that the sub contract relieved him of any responsibility to me for that service. I fundamentally disagree. Cecil owes me product and service. That's what I paid him for. Canada Post owes him service. That's what he paid them for.

I understand that businesses need to protect themselves from customers trying to scam them. Cecil hasn't asked for any of my evidence, videos or otherwise. How seriously is Cecil pursuing his claim? Did he make a claim at all? I have doubts.

Add to all of this that his demeanour is a bit like having your teeth pulled, or sand rubbed into your eyes.

Buyer beware.
File a complaint with your state attorney general.

Now I am reflecting on this transaction.
Don't reflect too hard. He should have stepped up and made the situation Right. My guess is, he's a cantankerous individual who believes he is always right. That is the exact opposite of a good business person. I will never purchase anything from him due to his attitude.

Snap bang that was a couple years back, or I would. Sorry for your pain, dealing with people can be very difficult at times. That is why I live in the country and my best friends are my wife and dog…

I found some of PR bullets at E Arthur Brown. But not the ones I want. I found another site muzzleloaderbullets.com that has all the same products as the PR bullets site. This site has Ray at the helm to contact. I tried ordering and they dont have any bullets. If one of yoou fellows are looking for a business opportunity maybe start making some Dead center type bullets for sale.

I found another site muzzleloaderbullets.com that has all the same products as the PR bullets site.
If this is the muzzle-loading bullets.com site you were on, the owner's name is Dave.
He produces the No-Excuse bullets. Click the link to see if it is the same one you tried. His bullets are pretty good. A lot of shooters on this site, including me, use them. He doesn't produce bullets to be paper patched.

https://www.muzzleloading-bullets.com/

Last edited:
I'm slowly being brought back into the world of Bullet Casting. I haven't done this in over 25 years and I only made .58 Minie balls. Now, the world is open to whatever I want or I can have a mould cut to whatever I desire. The problem is, I'm too new to this to know what I want. A few are personally assisting me and that helps.
So, maybe casting your own is a possible answer.

I wonder if they make a .54 cal sizing pack…
Ask him what he is willing to do. If there is a market for it, it may benefit him to make one.

He is a great guy to deal with. I've not only bought bullets from him, but asked some off the wall questions about bullet length, so I knew what would work best in what twist. I have nothing but good praises for him and the bullets he makes.

[email protected]

Dead Center Bullets treated me right …I pointed out a mistake on the website that caused my ordering the wrong weight bullet. Cecil had me keep the bullets he sent and then he sent the correct weight bullets with extra bullets no charge to me…
And these DC bullets are the most accurate in my gun(s)….and performed flawlessly on a 340 bull elk last fall…one shot kill went 40 yds.

It’s certainly unsettling to hear of a few others bad experiences…I think the best policy is that the costumer is always right…so even if Cecil got a tracking receipt of delivered..he perhaps should have resent the order.

Back