CA legal bullets for CVA Wolf PR2110S?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balkoth89

Reaction score
I just received my CVA Wolf PR2110S rifle in the mail the other day, and to my disappointment my Thor One-Size-Fits-All 250 grain bullet does not fit down the barrel. I would like to buy something from Muzzle-loaders.com rather than another site if possible.

The only other CA legal bullets listed are:

- Barnes Spitfire TMZ Sabots
- Barnes Spitfire T-EZ Sabots
- Barnes Expander Hollow Points
- Remington Muzzleloader Bullets
- Barnes Expander Spitfire Bullets
- Thor Aluminum Saboted Bullets
- Federal B.O.R. Lock
- Traditions Smackdown Bleed Bullets
- Hornady Sabots
- Thor Copper Sabot Bullets
- Thor Full-Bore Conical (I would need to buy a sizing kit)

and what is a good grain for a Sabot bullet if I am using a 100 grain IMR White Hots pellets charge?

Also, Muzzle-loaders.com ships from Oregon and I am in Northern California. Is it illegal for me to order PowerBelt bullets from the site to have them shipped to California? Or is it just illegal to shoot them? Would I be declined or worse, prosecuted for trying to buy PoweBelt bullets to be shipped to me in California?

Those will work great in your Wolf. Generally they're quite accurate and with your whitehot load should do very nicely. All of the CVA wolf line guns are .50 cal, but every barrel can be slightly larger or smaller so bullets using sabots generally take away any guess work. There are sabots that, while sized for specific bullet diameters for use in the .50 cal guns, will make loading easier if the gun's bore is slightly tight. To use an example, Harvester smooth black sabots are made for bullets in the .451-.452 diameter range. Should a bullet of that size load tighter than you like, the Harvester crush rib black sabot will make loading easier without giving up any sealing properties or messing with accuracy. Harvester's green sabots are fit for .429-.430 diameter bullets and come in smooth and crush rib. Check with Harvester.com to see what's offered there. Buying loose sabots and bullets in bulk saves money. I like the Hornady XTP bullets for paper and have had excellent luck on deer. These bullets, coupled with the appropriate sabot are very affordable and easily obtained.

Those will work great in your Wolf. Generally they're quite accurate and with your whitehot load should do very nicely. All of the CVA wolf line guns are .50 cal, but every barrel can be slightly larger or smaller so bullets using sabots generally take away any guess work. There are sabots that, while sized for specific bullet diameters for use in the .50 cal guns, will make loading easier if the gun's bore is slightly tight. To use an example, Harvester smooth black sabots are made for bullets in the .451-.452 diameter range. Should a bullet of that size load tighter than you like, the Harvester crush rib black sabot will make loading easier without giving up any sealing properties or messing with accuracy. Harvester's green sabots are fit for .429-.430 diameter bullets and come in smooth and crush rib. Check with Harvester.com to see what's offered there. Buying loose sabots and bullets in bulk saves money. I like the Hornady XTP bullets for paper and have had excellent luck on deer. These bullets, coupled with the appropriate sabot are very affordable and easily obtained.
Thanks very much for your input.

Back