Cabelas target revolver

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backwoodsman1

Reaction score
This was the first BP revolver I bought, and somehow I messed up the threads on the cylinder so the nipple won't start again. I removed the nipple to clean the gun, and when I went to put it back, it wouldn't start again. Tried new nipples and nothing works. Does anyone know where I can find a tap so I fix this the ?  I'll really appreciate any help.

Should be a M6.75 metric thread. May do an ebay search for that tap and see what you come up with.

I just ordered one of these, at the price, if it doesn't work I'll have to try something else. Thank you patocazador and Frontier gander

I just got the taps you folks had me try and they worked great. My cylinder is now a six holer again, and I want you to know how much I appreciate the help. Frontier gander and patocaador, thank you so very much.

Hey guys, I found out the nipple I ordered takes a <a href='/tags/11' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #11'>#11</a> cap instead of the <a href='/tags/10' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #10'>#10</a> cap like the rest. How do I know which is which so I can get the right one for the cylinder?

They usually state what size cap they're made for. If they don't, it's probably for a <a href='/tags/11' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #11'>#11</a>. It's a much more common size.

It seems that there is no standardization among percussion cap distributors. Remington <a href='/tags/10s' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #10s'>#10s</a> fit Ruger Old Army nipples very well but not nipples designed differently. Same with the <a href='/tags/11' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #11'>#11</a> caps. RWS, Remington, and Winchester/CCI don't interchange (CCI interchange with Winchester because they are supposedly both made by CCI.)

The best fit I got on my 1860 Colts were Treso nipples, and <a href='/tags/10' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #10'>#10</a> Remington caps.

Latest posts

Back