Caldwell Stinger rest

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a chance to run this rest through its paces. I was never a big fan of manufactured rest and always went back to sand bags. However my daughter bought me one of these for my birthday back in August and I've used it several times since. It's very well made (assembly required) and solid once together and all bolts tighteded up. It has a coarse vertical adjustment in the front and a fine one in the rear. The front rest is as best as I can describe is ventelated rubber with just enough firmness that sets on a cast steel platform and the rear rest is solid rubber that becomes integral to the frame. Of you're looking for a decent portable rest for under $100 check this out.
My only qualm with this is that it isn't ambidextrous with the front adjustment being only on the left side easily accessible for RH shooters. Us leftys have to reach under the rifle to get access to it but its manageable.

I had one very similar to the Matrix made by MTM and I didn't like the front rest. It was too hard and my groups suffered. The Stinger's rubber has a bit more flex but firm a lot like a sandbag (or in my case, a rice bag)

Latest posts

Back