Can someone help me find some Barnes .451 275 grain bullets (#30548)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Usmc22

Reaction score
I feel like I’ve turned the internet upside down looking for these unicorns. I’d like to pick up a bunch to try with the sabots on the way. I really like the idea of the lead free option for deer hunting.

Last edited:
most dealers are starting to jack prices up due to greed or high demand/low supply or both.. there is no cheap ammo left anywhere unless you get real lucky.

most dealers are starting to jack prices up due to greed or high demand/low supply or both.. there is no cheap ammo left anywhere unless you get real lucky.
It’s a shame. Arrowhead Rifles and Powder Valley had reasonable prices on the XTP’s for me

Usmc22. Same here. I've been scouring the internet for the same bullet at a reasonable price so I can give them a try. I'm not in any big hurry and will let you know if/when I find some.

You dont want to shoot that bullet at standard ML speeds. Expansion is very problematic.

Some of the SML guys tinkered with this bullet at various speeds. It does great at high speed impacts but in a smoker when the range is getting longer i dont think you will be happy with it.

The Barnes i liked is the 300gr 458 SOCOM bullet BUT its a boattail and those can be a real PITA to get to shoot well. Plus its a .458 Boattail which can make it even harder. 458 SOCOM with a 300gr is a sub 2000fps round and it worked great for me on 1 deer harvest. I shot it around 1900fps and had excellent expansion by the looks of the exit wound.

you do NOT want to order from Optics and Ammo. Look at the online reviews!! They have been turned in to the BBB in Texas more than once. Scammers!!

I guess so! I just looked them up, it’s ALL over the Web

Back