CARRYALL

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoker

Reaction score
Ok, now I have these neat little glass vials to store my measured powder but don't have anything to put both the vial and my saboted bullet in. I checked all the sites I could find about vials and plastic containers and ended up with 'mm' instead of inches to add to my confusion. I know you guy's will have the answer. smoker PS Love that ram rod with the hinged handle.

I put the vials in one upper jacket pocket and the primers and(bullet,sabots together)in the other pocket.Works for me.

I bought a velour possibles bag that has belt loops, but end up carrying the vials (mine are plastic) in one pocket, and primers/sabots/bullets in a small zip-lok bag in another pocket. If I'm going a distance from the house/road, I'll take my backpack and look like a pack mule. :lol:

Blue-Dot-37.5

The pocket thing would work for me if I had only one.........I came very close to finding the right size for both powder and sabot/bullet. If I find something I'll sure let you know. I have an e-mail to a company that say's they will make any size you need......Looks like the size I need will be 11/16" I.D. and 3.125 OAL. smoker

I thought a had read somewhere on this site about using a 20 gauge shotgun hull for the powder vial, sabot, and bullet.

i used film canisters. powder in clear goin left coat pockit 4 bullets &sabets in gray in rightside primers in black breast pockit for hunting at the range powder canisters go in lg ziplock in gun box clint

Powder vials

As for the powder vials, I have found that if you buy the right size drill bits from tool sources (MSC, Grainger, etc.) that they come in these nice little plastic tubes with rubber caps tight on both ends. Cut them to the length you need and recap. All this of course if you work at a business that has a machine shop, or tool shop.

I don't know about the bullets and primers. You could store them in the larger tubes that say a 1/2 inch end-mill bit came in.

I think I've solved my carryall problem. I found at Cabelas a speeedloader they call a 4 in 1. It has separted chambers that will hold a powder charge and the saboted bullet with a 209 on top. These damn things can get a little expensive when ordering any quantity, ( ~25.00 shipped for 3 ), so I came up with this. A .444 fired case resized just far enough to not pop the primer and a fired 45LC case. The 45LC slips right over the .444 case and there you go. pre-measured loads for when you go the range. They fit nicley into a 50 round pastic case for the .444. I'm happy. smoker

I lied!!! Just recieved the Cabelas 4 in 1 speed loaders.....the 209 will not fit on top of the saboted bullet! Saving grace. There is a hole that I suppose is for an aid in making a 'T' handle for your ram rod. The 209 fits right in there and a fired 40 Cal. brass fits right on top with a slight press fit. I suppose 10MM would work as well. That was fun. smoker

Latest posts

Back