• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO Changing bolt handle to red disk

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I seems I use to remember how to do it but have forgotten like so many other things I have the orange disk bolt and want to remove it and replace it with the red disc bolt I wonder if there is a video on how to do this Thanks Lou

Here you go
You would either need Knight's bare 209 bolt body or a DISC Extreme FPJ bolt body to use the Lehigh conversion/plug. The adapter that goes in the bolt is made to fit red FPJ bolts. If Knight will sell the FPJ bolt body you should be good with the internal parts from the #11 bolt.

The bolt internals are simple to remove without tools. Literally takes a few seconds.

DISC Original is similar you just need the C tool or a open end wrench that fits.

Went to change the bolt the nut will not turn as shown on the video no way will it turn so the new bolt can be installed, the previous owner used pliers on the nut so I figured what have I got to loose so I wrapped a rag around the nut still wont turn. Is there some where I can send it to get it repaired maybe Knight I would buy a whole new setup but they are out of stock

Went to change the bolt the nut will not turn as shown on the video no way will it turn so the new bolt can be installed, the previous owner used pliers on the nut so I figured what have I got to loose so I wrapped a rag around the nut still wont turn. Is there some where I can send it to get it repaired maybe Knight I would buy a whole new setup but they are out of stock

If you want you can send your bolt to me (or both bolts) and I will get the swap done for you...

Here are couple of pictures that might help

BoltAlignment.jpg

BoltAlignment2.jpg

Do you think the "Nut" (Secondary Safety) is turned all the way IN, against the cap on the Firing pin assembly? Can you turn it out away from the Firing pin assembly, Counter Clockwise? If you can then you might need the "C" tool or a slim wrench to put between the end cap and the Nut then turn the nut in to remove the assembly.

Last edited:
I agree with Mike. That's why I was asking if it was all the way out or all the way in. Some guys don't like the secondary safety and will do that to "Disable" it.

IF they used Red Loctite on it he will need heat to break it loose Blue is more common. Might also look in the end and see if the retainer screw is an Allen and try loosening it while turning the Safety the opposite direction. The retainer most likely had some blue Loctite on it from the factory though but Blue should break loose with hand tools.

Used the end wrench as in the diagram still won't turn as said the fellow I got the rifle from used a wrench or pliers on the bolt the rifles fires fine I can still use the secondary safety but that's it but just can't convert it to the red disk I had a Knight red disk a while back and was satisfied to use 777 with it also bought 5 pounds of it from Wally world And I have about 8-10 packs of red disks Sabotloader appreciate the offer please send me your address and I will ship it too you Thanks Lou

sabotloader I bought the 1-20 twist Knight so I am going to sell the one all this hoopla was over it by me $225.00 shipped just what I have in it It's immaculate in and out except for the plier marks on the nut If some one wants the red disk conversion I will sell for $40.00 exactly what I paid I don't have to make money off of friends Thanks for all the information Lou

sabotloader I bought the 1-20 twist Knight so I am going to sell the one all this hoopla was over it by me $225.00 shipped just what I have in it It's immaculate in and out except for the plier marks on the nut If some one wants the red disk conversion I will sell for $40.00 exactly what I paid I don't have to make money off of friends Thanks for all the information Lou

Darn! Lou, I am sure that I can fix it pretty easily and the rifle is worth far more than the $225 you are suggesting. I would ask just drop those parts in a $6 USPS box and send them this way. I'll get them back to you in short order and you will good to go.

Lou take some time and think the situation over, as Sabotloader said. If you still want to sell the FPJ bolt housing, after your decision, then I will purchase it for $40. Thanks HC.

sabotloader if you want it I will sell it at prior price and if you don't want the red disk bolt herselconyers wants it? I don't have a box so if alright I will ship it in a $25.00 plastic case LMK PM me

I have many spare parts available for knight bolt guns and be glad to help you out.

Thanks Jeff

What caliber, twist is it. Maybe I missed it somewhere?

After reading the last post I think know what "Nut" your talking about, the one that threads into the Bolt Body right?

Latest posts

Back