New Knight Mountaineer Bolt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swamp

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
After discussing the Knight D.I.S.C. 209 Conversion thing quite extensively in Snapbang's Wanted Ad, I received my new Mountaineer Bolt Body from Sportsmans Warehouse yesterday, and swapped out my original disc bolt body. It fit and functions PERFECTLY! Wow it that much nicer than the original. I also noticed that the new bolt lever is lower when raised, which give's much better scope clearance than the original. I couldn't be happier! Still waiting for my Lehigh BP to arrive. Many thanks to you Gent's for guiding us thru these conversions! Much appreciated! 🤝

Photo's coming soon of the "Ugly as Hell" Original Disc.

Thanks Swamp, Ive kinda been waiting to hear about that. I was going to be brave and order one also but thought I would wait to hear how you did. I owe you one. I did experiment and took my lehigh plug out of my elite and tried it in my original. Its a few thousandths from being a good fit. I thought about drilling the lehigh out those few thousandths but decided against it.

Snapbang, no problem. On the Lehigh plug, what wasn't quite correct? What made it from being a good fit? I haven't received my Lehigh plug in the mail yet, so hoping that all works out as well???

The 209 primer would go in and the bolt would almost close but just not quit. Thats with the original bolt . But thats an elite 209 lehigh plug and not sure if its the same as the disc 209 lehigh plug.

Yes and Yes!
I'm doing a comparison right now so give me a moment to post the photos of what I see is different between the two

SOOO here is the only difference I'm seeing between the Orig DISC Bolt, and the New Mountaineer Bolt. The first photo shows there is a diameter difference in the area marked with red X, and a slight ridge (red arrow). Now, when I insert the bolt, there is a slight upward push on the bolt when that ridge comes into contact with the trigger mech. I pull the trigger when inserting the bolt to let the larger dia. push the trigger mech down so the bolt with slide in. Once it passes that larger diam, its all good. The second photo shows how the trigger mech is dragging on the larger dia until it clears it. I'm wondering if the "MOD" done by Knight is machining a slight channel in the area to avoid the larger dia on the new bolt to NOT drag on the trigger mech????? Can anyone here verify if that is the "MOD" Knight makes to these new bolts to be fitted into the DISC?

Bolt3.JPG
Bolt4.JPG

There was no channel on the bolt modified for me by Knight. All they did was take down the ridge and smoothed/buffed out the bolt. The bolt would not fit in my DISC with/without the trigger being installed. Diameter had to be reduced.

There was no channel on the bolt modified for me by Knight. All they did was take down the ridge and smoothed/buffed out the bolt. The bolt would not fit in my DISC with/without the trigger being installed. Diameter had to be reduced.

OK great! Thanks for the info you guys! I guess I'm good, the new bolt fits and works as it should.

Back