Choosing a Replacement

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me personally, if I was buying new, Knight UL all day long.
Used, I'd look at a number of Knights, or an Omega.

For what you mentioned, I would say a CVA would fit your needs as well. You don't have to have a high dollar rifle to kill a deer that is for sure.

Thanks, everyone. Was leaning to a optima v2 with the nitride in the beginning but now I’m not sure. I wanted to know what actually was good and what not to even look at. Yes it will be scoped and most likely a break open. Not sure if a Buckhorn plug is worth it, since they haven’t made it since the fires started. Did heard that hodogdon bought them out and might start back next year. Wish I had some before they all were gone with as good as everyone says it is. Yes I will definitely will be updating everyone once I make my decision and will be once again asking everyone for advice. I am strong believer of you get what you put in so I will happy to share every step when I begin with load development.

Or you could consider that Knight Elite for only $375.00 with a scope and mounts already to go. Has the 209 adapter already installed. I hear your .45 whispering it needs company.

A known quality gun for a bargain price.

:roll:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
The Elites are a heck of a rifle. IMO, better than any CVA in that pricerange for sure. But its all in what someone wants.
I love my .45 Elite, its one of the best shooting rifles I've ever had.

I wish rifles could be shipped into Canada with the prices you have down there!
Walk

Reading the info on the knight it looks like they still use the old # 11 caps instead of 209. Is this correct or have they switch over?

Western versions will be #11 or musket cap. The others should be 209. On my older Knights, all powders except Black Horn 209 are set off fine with a #11 magnum. I don't shoot pellets anymore, but if I did I would probably go with 209's.

Latest posts

Back