Chronograph HELP!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tar-12

Reaction score
Are all chronys designed to be used outside? I can pick up a Chrony Model-F-2, what is the story on this particular model?Thanks

F-2...Is that one yellow? I bought a yellow Chrony, my first chronograph, probably twenty years ago? Two Chronys and several chronographs later, I don't like Chronys. Beats nothing but the Competition Electronics Pro Chrono is a MUCH better chronograph. The PACT 1 and PACT Professional are two other really nice chronographs that have served me well.

big6x6 said:
F-2...Is that one yellow? I bought a yellow Chrony, my first chronograph, probably twenty years ago? Two Chronys and several chronographs later, I don't like Chronys. Beats nothing but the Competition Electronics Pro Chrono is a MUCH better chronograph. The PACT 1 and PACT Professional are two other really nice chronographs that have served me well.
It is the yellow one,the reason I am so interested, is the price, FREE! Looks to be in new cond,it does work.Are there things to look out for on this model?Why do you not like them? I wanted to use this one and get a feel for "chronographs" before I graduate on to something like you mentioned.I realize it is old technology,but surely it will perform its basic function.

big6x6 said:
Two Chronys and several chronographs later, I don't like Chronys. Beats nothing but the Competition Electronics Pro Chrono is a MUCH better chronograph.

I agree with Chuck; either of the Competition Electronics units are very, very good. They reliably read where my Chronys fail to do so.

Not sure what time allows Grouse to offer in his "Muzzleloader Chrono Box" as far as current delivery-- but, it is a true chrono-saver for most of the chronographs out there, and it is well worth getting one on order with him.

Chrony

Gentlemen, I understand that the yellow F-2 chrony is pigeon excrement. :lol: I can not afford a better one at this point in time, so the freebie has to work for now. All I wanted was info. on the pigeon excrement F-2. I will leave Mrs. Tar some very subtle clues :wink:

Hi everybody,

How do you protect your chrono from sabbots hit ?

...............................................................................Gerald........./

Sabot destruction

geraldbergeron said:
Hi everybody,

How do you protect your chrono from sabbots hit ?

...............................................................................Gerald........./
Gerald, get a hold of Grouse on here. He makes a box to protect your chrony. They say it works well. I am going to have to get one my self. Rick

Latest posts

Back