civil war guns by Traditions. NEW for 2018

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
New muzzles from traditions! Wow are they going all out!
file10.jpg

file-110.jpg

They do look pretty cool. I noticed the price tag to. I betting the stores will have them listed in the $800-850 price range.

I've owned, shot and hunted with a US 1841, in the original .54, I special ordered years ago.  Imported by Interarms, I got it for about 60% of the regular price.  Walnut stock, perfectly fitted and accurate to a fault, it is a bit heavy at around 9.5 lbs.  Not exactly a joy to carry in the bush but man does it ever shoot.

PICT0559_zps0fe48261.jpg

I remember when I bought my first muzzleloader around forty years ago, I ended up with a Navy Arms Zouave. I really wanted the Mississippi rifle but it was almost twice the cost of the Zouave. That US 1841 is a great looking rifle, glad to hear it shoots so well.

Correction that 1853 is rifled. Traditions made a typo on the label.

Dave, thanks for positive mention of my 1841.  I also got a Zouave in the late 1960s.  Only killed small game with it although I did deer hunt with that rifle; just never got a shot.  My zouave came from Navy Arms just as yours did.  I had lots of fun with it but it was nowhere near the quality of the 1841; plus the stock was not walnut, just "hardwood".  Back then the price of a NA zouave didn't even approach $100.  How times have changed.

42 Springfield is 10.6lbs claimed. It's probably 11 lbs. Quite a load after a day in the mountains.

The Hawken would have to have a 36"-38" barrel and most would consider it heavy . They were made to carry on a horse back in the day.

Latest posts

Back