Cleaning a new KRB

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerndog

Reaction score
I recently bought a ss krb, and just love it, it is proving to be one of the most accurate muzzleloaders i have ever shot, the barrel is easy to clean, but a small amount of blowback gets into the trigger group and hard to get it ALL out. How do you krb shooters get it out ??

I sprayed mine with brake fluid, let it dry, then hit it with pressurized air. Then I sprayed it with a bit of WD, repeated the air, wiped it down, put a drop of BreakFree near the contact areas and called it good.

Just got done cleaning mine 5 minutes ago,Was doing the gun scrubber thing but just running it under very warm water and scrubbing it with a tooth brush works great.Blow off with air and dry and then a fine coat of oil works like a charm.

Hey guys,

I've been curious about the trigger mechanism on the KRBs. I've been dreaming of one for my next ML. Is the trigger assembly easily removed or exposed for cleaning?
Thanks.

James

get a old tooth brush. hot water and soap works good on mine :shock: :shock: faster to clean than my elite is... thanks WORM

xf24qt.jpg

vimr2f.jpg

UC
Thanks for the pictures. I have just purchased a KRB7 last week.
I see you have removed the barrel from the receiver. Is there a posted torque value for reassembling the barrel / receiver?
Also, do you regularly remove the barrel?
Thanks!

James

No, I just did that to see how "difficult" it was. There probably is a specified torque value for the barrel bolt but I really doubt the value is critical. Simply placing the barrel in position provides amazing rigidity, the bolt just needs to be snugged to hold thing things together. My guess is you could play with torque and find it would make next to no difference.

It's a good design that could have been a GREAT design with a bit of a touch for aesthetics and a true rolling block or drop block action. The trigger itself seems overly complicated to me.

Latest posts

Back