Conical

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rlsmith

Reaction score
Anyone know a good conical bullets that you can bye no excuse bullets suck so looking for a good one I don't cast so need to bye them. I will be shooting them in a pedersoli hawken 50 cal.

Rlsmith said:
Anyone know a good conical bullets that you can bye no excuse bullets suck so looking for a good one I don't cast so need to bye them. I will be shooting them in a pedersoli hawken 50 cal.
Would you share what you've tried so far? Both powder, powder charge and bullet weight?

Rlsmith, There are a couple of bullets that come to mind when i think of a stock 1:48 twist rifle, It’s a shame the Lyman Plains bullet isn’t available to buy, it is a Mold only bullet, i have both the .50, and .54 Cal molds. I was out with my Dad today with his Stock TC Renegade in .54 Cal shooting my Lyman Plains lubed and sized to .542, Dad shot just under a 2” 5 shot Group over the hood of my truck out to a Good solid 80 Yards. These Lyman Plains have shot well in every rifle i have tried them in, and other folks i have given bullets. The .50 Cal Lyman Plains weigh 395 Grains.

Here is a bullet i think would be neat to try in a Stock Twist, Called a PA Conical by Hornady. I would like to see someone try these and give a range report on them
MACVJCs.jpg

I have shot these Hornady Great Plains bullets in my .54s and they shot good, these come in .50 and .54, and seem to be readily available, i see them in all sport shops around this area, they are a Hollow point design

Description: Pre-lubricated for easy loading, the tapered base lets you start the bullet easily. Cold forming from pure lead eliminates air pockets and the thin skirt, longer bearing surface, and hollow point bullet design make it a highly devastating and accurate black powder legend.
kH4gCgA.png

My absolute favorite Grease Groove bullet for .50 Cal is the Bullshop bullet, i liked that bullet so well i had a mold made as close as possible to it.

These bullets can be purchased from The Bullshop, .504~460 Mountain Molds. These bullets should do well in a stock 1:48 Twist, These load tight from start to finish! No worries of them budging! I recently started lubing and running these through my .501 sizer, I am VERY pleased with them :yeah: This will likely be my main hunting bullet

https://bullshop.weebly.com/-50-caliber ... llets.html

Back