• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE Contender 209x45 ML barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperKirby

Reaction score
T/C (not Gonic) Contender 209x45 muzzleloader barrel. Blued and 24”. They only made these for a few years. This one has exactly 3 shots on it and has been in the safe since.
To avoid lawsuits with Gonic T/C machined a little nub on the bottom of the locking lug so they would only work with the Gen 2 contender frames. This barrel has had the nub removed and will work with both Gen 1 and Gen 2 frames. It currently resides on an easy open cougar frame and works flawlessly.
Also included are 2 new-in-package spare breech plugs and a forend. The forend was a black composite rifle barrel forend that was modified to allow for a ramrod. It’s not pretty but it is functional.
Asking $500 TYD.

Attachments

• IMG_1951.jpeg
    IMG_1951.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
Just to clarify, you're selling only the barrel and fore-end, not the gun shown. Correct?

I have the same barrel in 50 cal also fitted to a G1 Cougar frame.

I know Gonic didn’t have the nub. My understanding is that Gonic patented the muzzleloader barrel for the G1 frame so TC put the nub there to avoid getting sued.

Back