Creedmore style sight question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SurrywoodML

Reaction score
All,
Long time lurker, first time poster. I have a TC Hawken style 50 and a Traditions Penn Style 50 and I was wondering if anyone had mounted Creedmore sights to either or both, and if so, did they allow for enough adjustment? I have a TC peep mounted on the Hawken and have for many years but it is getting a tad sloppy and a replacement is as rare as gold in my back yard. I shoot better with peeps and always have. Any help would be appreciated.

I had a Creedmoore sight on my T/C Renegade. I had to put a Lyman Globe front sight (High version) in order to get some vertical adjustment, but it worked great. I did not use it for hunting as it would get hung up in the brush and be difficult to get on a game animal fast.

I put a Green Mountain barrel on a TC Hawken and added peep sights. I put a Lyman peep on the rear, and had to replace the front with one of the TC high sights to get the point of impact low enough. I still need to sight in the new front sight, but I have high hopes. It would barely hit poi at 25 yds. with the lower sight, and I shot it in a match for fun and still won 3 blue ribbons.

Thanks folks, good info. My concern was being able to adjust the sight low enough for a 50-75yd zero, and to be able to use for hunting as well. I used to have a Sharps with a Creedmore on it years ago and I loved it, ended up selling it, life was getting in the way back then.

Latest posts

Back