Crush Rib Sabot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tndeer

Reaction score
I just bought some 260 and 300 gr Harvester Scorpion PT bullets with the crush rib sabot. I noticed some people are seeing a little deviation shooting these with BH209. What other sabots might work better than the crush rib? I saw on another site where a guy got a greater SD in velocity using the crush rib. Which MMP sabot would be compatible with these bullets? Harvester also makes a standard sabot . I'll being shooting a Knight Elite and LRH. I'm not too concerned about easy of loading, more on accuracy. thanks

You could try a HPH-24 sabot. These are made by MMP. I personally like the crushed rib but just bought four packs of the HPH-24 to try with some different loads.

tndeer

The "crush rib" certainly has it place... if you have one of those really tight bores it will allow you to load a lot of different bullets.

It would be my suggestion if your bore is large enough to allow loading of a regular sabot - I would go that way...

The HPH-24 and the regular Harvester are approximately the same thickness.

The .451/.452 "crush rib" and the HPH-3p are close to same thickness

The HPH-12 and the MMP short black sabots are probably the thickest...

I just measured that bullet...0.451 in the nose so it is slightly smaller than a SST... When shooting BH209...I'd probably go with an MMP HPH-12...

Back