Custom .25-06 700 Erhardt/Kampfeld

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcchartboy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This gun started its life off as a factory Rem 700. The action was trued and rebarelled by Dennis Erhardt of Montana and a H-S precision installed. I picked up this gun used but in 99.9% mint condition it shoots Double Tap factory 120gr partition loads sub-Moa out past 200yds.

After shooting and hunting with it last year my girlfriend Melissa was sure it was a keeper for her. I decided it was well worth putting some addition money into to finish it up right.

Tonight it just came back from Karl Feldkamp at Kampfleds where I had it coated, bolt fluted, new bolt handle installed etc.

In any case, here it is with some pics from along the way.

JC

018-1.jpg

015.jpg

Here is Melissa with the same rifle last summer, as well as a Euro mount of a buck she took with it last fall at 200yds.

JC

IMG_827511.jpg

013-1.jpg

That turned out great! the bolt fluteing is hypnotizing! What type of coating did you go with?

Cerakote...All of the work was done by Karl FeldKamp at Kampfeld customs.

JC

Just finished putting it all back together. Needless to say I am very, very happy with how it came out!

Scope is a Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10x44 Z-600 Reticle.

JC

001-1.jpg

(Posted this in the Smokeless forum but I wanted to add it to this thread as well since this was the other gun I mentioned I had done.)

Had this older blued Savage 10-ML done redone by Karl Kampfeld in Black with Grey accented cerakote. I had previously done some custom work on this gun including installing an accutrigger, upgrading to a Bell and Carlson stock and replacing the plastic factory trigger guard with an aftermarket steel guard.

JC

008.jpg

+1 on the fine looking outfit.Good looking buck and the rifle ain't half bad either.Some guys have all the luck! :( :D

The new bolt handle Karl originally installed was a bit too large for my taste. I had him install a smaller one.

JC

023.jpg

Back