CVA Accura MR Failed failed my hunting test!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoot your cva,tc,knight or what ever and have fun with some smoke,little smoke or no smoke!

Grouse, you should try one of these. CVA Scout V2 45/70 1-20 25" barrel with a brake. Its as light as a Accura MR but has a SS frame. Add the newer style bushing plug from Luke at Arrowhead or from Hankins.

CVA-Its-Just-A-Better-Gun-1456415732.jpg

I will probably sell my SavPac 45 to get one and have some cash leftover.

I know this aint your first rodeo. If you don't have the confidence don't put it in the game! There is a classified section on this forum and disposal shouldn't be a problem this time of year. Take your $ and get a gun that suits you, there are many good used and new guns out there. That's my opinion and yours may be different. W

The oring doesn't work for mine, can't close the gun with it in. Maybe I'll get lucky and not need them.

Busta said:
Tannhauser said:
Huh...my Acura MR is on the Fed Ex truck. I do wish I had read this before hitting buy button.

All previous discussions/reviews on this ML were overwhelmingly positive, but considering the source of this review I give it plenty of weight.

I guess I'll see how it works out for me. I am a relatively low volume MK shooter, and if reliability calls for borderline OCD cleaning, that's not an issue for me.

Don't let the resident CVA Basher scare you off your purchase. I wouldn't give anything he posts any weight whatsoever, unless you need some organic fertilizer

You bought the best tip-up muzzleloading hunting rifle being manufactured today. Not even a contest there.

Enjoy your new rifle!

+1

wolfer said:
I know this aint your first rodeo. If you don't have the confidence don't put it in the game! There is a classified section on this forum and disposal shouldn't be a problem this time of year. Take your $ and get a gun that suits you, there are many good used and new guns out there. That's my opinion and yours may be different. W

Yes i agree, but in no hurry.

Ok, YOUR positives, Very accurate, good trigger, handles well. Reading the rest of your post you also quote "With proper care and cleaning,it would work reliably." Negatives, " I don't clean the plug!! Your whole post says I don't give a ****!, take care of my problems with ignition, and if not your gun sucks!! Good luck with that! And I'm sure the rest of the Modern Muzzleloader World agrees. Adios!!! No one here will respond to this crap .

lptroll said:
Ok, YOUR positives, Very accurate, good trigger, handles well. Reading the rest of your post you also quote "With proper care and cleaning,it would work reliably." Negatives, " I don't clean the plug!! Your whole post says I don't give a ****!, take care of my problems with ignition, and if not your gun sucks!! Good luck with that! And I'm sure the rest of the Modern Muzzleloader World agrees. Adios!!! No one here will respond to this crap .

Very well said, I'm glad you responded

Latest posts

Back