CVA Accura Plains Rifle vs Accura V2 Thumbhole

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UTGrad

Reaction score
I’ve narrowed down my choice between a Accura Plains rifle and the Accura V2 thumbhole. Plains rifle will essentially be an Accura MR but with a 28” barrel and the V2 thumbhole IMO will probably shoulder more like an Accura MR than the goose neck V2s. V2 has the 27” barrel. The Plains rifle is listed to be slightly lighter than the V2 and CVA markets the Plains rifle has having the same characteristics of the MR but with the longer barrel.

Can anyone provide some opinions or feedback on the 2? I’m leaning a little bit more towards the Plains but it’s close.

I myself love my Accura V2 50cal with the TH stock. I looked at both the v2 and Mr and although the Mr is a super nice rifle I found that with the v2 I get a little better cheek weld on the stock and it seemed a bit heavier and I was able to hold on target better (more steady) the BEST way is to go handle both and see what they feel like to you personally.

I myself love my Accura V2 50cal with the TH stock. I looked at both the v2 and Mr and although the Mr is a super nice rifle I found that with the v2 I get a little better cheek weld on the stock and it seemed a bit heavier and I was able to hold on target better (more steady) the BEST way is to go handle both and see what they feel like to you personally.
Like knightnut2000, I have the 50 cal Acura V2 thumbhole stock, and because I really like it doesn’t mean you would. Best advice is knightnut2000 suggestion lay your hands on them, you’ll know !

I’ve owned a first generation CVA for years and liked it. The only negative with my original CVA was the length of pull. I had to creep up the stock to get the right eye relief on a scope.

I had the PR and now have a LR thumbhole. I prefer the thumbhole over the PR. But not by much. Thumbhole feels and fits better on me. The grip on the thumbhole is narrower making it more comfortable to me. Not sure about LOP cuz i didn't have any issue with it. I had the PR for 3 years, great gun. Had the TH for 3 months, so far so good. My LR is .45 and seems a bit more accurate, maybe.

So far I've only shot conicals in it. 300grn, 405grn, ne420, ne460, gould 346grn.
Muzzy you do know its a hot rod dont you ???? Dont get me wrong cuz conicals are cool but that thing loves VELOCITY !!!!!

Muzzy you do know its a hot rod dont you ???? Dont get me wrong cuz conicals are cool but that thing loves VELOCITY !!!!!
Yeah, i know. I see so many guys whose best loads are 110grV and 250 sabots. I just prefer a lighter load and midweight conicals.
I've never understood the idea of the goose neck stock. God awful ugly. Do they scope better? Or the other way around?
I agree about the looks, they ain't purty but they shoulder nice and fit me well. Bonus, they shoot great! I would like a laminate stock better tho.

I’m actually starting to reconsider the regular MR. In our lease box blinds I do think the shorter length of the MR will be nice.

Interesting that my Tikka T3 .308 is 42.5” long and the CVA Accura PR is 43” long. Maybe the PR won’t be too much trouble in my box hunting blinds.

Back