Accura MR-X vs Knight Ultralight?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had a hard time getting my MRX to consistently group well. Even after putting a high quality optic, rings and rail on it.

I really like the simple design of the CVA but it just hasn’t been able to perform.

I will now be either re bareling it or selling it since it can’t compete with my other ML that was a fraction of the price.

I’ve been the same route on previous builds , now I pay once to have it done correctly, by the same gunsmith. Our LOP requirement s are identical as well . It’s frustrating I get it !

just shim your breech plug. I used 117 (volume) BH209 with Arrowhead bullets. Sub MOA and shoot great. If you are going CO elk that would be a 50 cal. I used .50 285 universal fit. They shot great and did the job on Colorado elk. I used 120 by volume with the .50 cal Universal FIT.
Can you expand on shimming the breech plug? How to, and what with? Would this still be applicable to a #11 ignition, or just 209s?

Can you expand on shimming the breech plug? How to, and what with? Would this still be applicable to a #11 ignition, or just 209s?
The shimming is for a 209. You can google shimming a breach plug. The article is on another site so I don’t want to post another site on this one. Simple fix.

Back