CVA Paramount

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not too familiar with that ignition system, is it any good

Looking at it , that would be great sitting in my box blind, but I think I will just stick to my plan and buy the ultra lite 45 fast twist, that gun is useless in a tree stand. But I am sure that is not their intention for it, hope it works out for them, cva looks like they came a long way lately. The mr is still something I think about

I like to see CVA making new things. But this gun just isn’t for me. The kind of hunting I do it’s just to big and would be a pain. The dumbest thing CVA ever did was abandon the Apex line. They should of stuck with it and advanced it.

What is the twist rate on the Accura

If I remember correctly, the twist is 1 in 22". I was disappointed in the discontinuance of the Apex, as well. If they would have dropped the price a little bit, I think it would have went over better.

If I remember correctly, the twist is 1 in 22". I was disappointed in the discontinuance of the Apex, as well. If they would have dropped the price a little bit, I think it would have went over better.
It is indeed 1-22. That twist should shoot pretty well.
I agree on the Apex. I bought one when they first introduced them & it seemed almost immediately they stopped producing barrels in certain calibers. It was almost like they had planned it’s demise from the beginning.

In my mind they should do
Paramount
Apex
Accura
Optima
And build them to take control of the market

It is indeed 1-22. That twist should shoot pretty well.
I agree on the Apex. I bought one when they first introduced them & it seemed almost immediately they stopped producing barrels in certain calibers. It was almost like they had planned it’s demise from the beginning.

In my mind they should do
Paramount
Apex
Accura
Optima
And build them to take control of the market

I wonder if they decided, then, to spin off Bergara CF guns at a premium $ and thought the Apex would hurt its sales.
Or were Bergara guns already on the market?

Bergara never sold the Apex here under the Bergara branding. I did see it on the Euro websites for awhile. CVA just brought out the Cascade series of centerfire bolt actions though. It takes Savage scope mounts vs the Bergara's Rem700 type mounts. MSRP is only around $566 but im sure it will sell for much less.

Its more likely the Scout V2 is much cheaper to make and they can sell it for much less than the Apex. You could buy a Scout and a Optima for close to the cost of a Apex with 2 barrels. So there is no real need to continue with the Apex.

The Scout V2 is not a bad gun but it’s not as nice as the Apex. The Scout V2 is also not made in very popular calibers. You have to make the calibers people want to buy to sell guns. Seems like that wouldn’t be to hard for a gun manufacturer to realize.

How much did the Apex sell for a 30/06 barrel or a 50cal muzzeloader barrel.

The Tc Encores and Contenders have been around forever and they have sold a heck of a lot of them.

The Apex was a great gun at a little better price point than TC. With the right barrel choices it seems like they would of sold good. CVA always put there guns out the first year with caliber choices like 30/06. Then they drop them. I have always wondered if there guns have a probablem holding up to that kind of pressure range. Because it just don’t make sense to not make popular caliber choices.

The Apex was about $200 more than the Accura MR or PR. It did come with the Bergara ML barrel. Not sure who made the CF barrels. It was nice, in that you could swap out the CF barrel for a 50 call ML bergara barrel. I almost bought one, but, I really did not see that I would ever have any use for a single shot rifle. Louisiana has what they call, a Primitive Arms season, instead of a ML season. During this season, you can shoot a ML, Bow or a single shot CF rifle limited to .35 caliber or larger. The Apex would fill that niche, if you wanted to switch between ML and CF. But, how many people are going to do that?

How many would do that? The TC Encore and Contender have been around for years. I would hate to think how many frames and barrels they have sold between the 2 of them. With the big TV hunter craze the Encore may be the most sold muzzeloader there is. I switch between 30/06,35 Whelen and 50cal all the time. I can switch barrels in less than 2 mins. I switch my Contender from pistol to rifle all the time.

I had a CVA Optima Elite the first year they come out with a couple rifle barrels and a 50cal barrel. That was CVA’s first barrel swapper and you could tell the quality of that gun was lower than a TC. But the Apex was a nice quality gun for the money.

One thing that hurt the Apex besides caliber choices. Was it didn’t have the after market accessories like the TC’s do. It wasn’t as customizable. But it didn’t hang around long enough to get that way.

The Scouts and Hunters have been sold in the past in more calibers than are currently listed. Ive seen the Apex available locally for around $550 at a gunshop. Normal price on a MR/PR is over $400. I liked the Apex also but it obviously wasnt making them as much money as other options. Zero aftermarket support was a huge hit.

CVA/Bergara has learned how important aftermarket can be for a product that is at the upper end of your product line. Bergara's B14 has been especially popular for a mid priced rifle. Thats a lot of rifle for that price range.

The Paramount could be the start of something like its "pappy" the B14 HMR

I hear great things about the T/C Contender all the time, but, the few I have seen at the gun range, would not group 2" at a 100 yards. Could have been the shooter. But, it hs been my experience, there are few stock rifles that will shoot worth a darn, out of the box. I normally have to pillar bed and develop loads, to make them shoot like I want them to.

I have a contender in 45 that shot pretty good out of the box, I haven’t shot her in awhile, I probably have to many safe queens these days. I don’t have any cva guns, but that mr is calling my name, wish they made it in a 45 fast twist

I hear great things about the T/C Contender all the time, but, the few I have seen at the gun range, would not group 2" at a 100 yards. Could have been the shooter. But, it hs been my experience, there are few stock rifles that will shoot worth a darn, out of the box. I normally have to pillar bed and develop loads, to make them shoot like I want them to.
Bottom line is it takes a good barrel. That's probably the first place to shave the cost compared to a precision barrel. In big business it's about quantity, gotta make those sales numbers, doesn't even need to work.

Back