CVA Paramount

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When dealing with Blackhorn I just can not see any advantage to a LRP system over 209s. I have tried. You will gain a little speed depending on plug design. The good LRP systems use brass modules . I had problems with my modules corroding with Blackhorn. They were a real pain to clean. Myself I would rather have a good sealing 209 system that i can just chuck the spent 209s when im done. If I thought there was a accuracy advantage I would have all my rifles converted regardless of brand.

AMEN!

So Sabotloader, you agree. Your info has always been rock solid. Thanks.

I am not sure about the 'rock solid' stuff especially since I do so much that against the 'norm' but...

I do agree! That I really prefer 209 to any type of module/shell remake. I am so dang old I really do like to keep it simple.

The shooting/hunting/testing I have done with 25ACP's and Cecil's products never really showed me that they really made that big of a difference.

Last edited:
Well, I could see that I was fixing to spend a bunch of money on BPs and modules, until ypou and another that I respect, said they did not find that much success with it. I think I am going to stick with what I am doing and if it does not meet my demands, I will do something else. Those modules at $5 a pop, and all the loading, unloading, cleaning and such, is just more than I want to do. Now, if it made you shoot 3/4" groups at 200 yds, instead of 2" groups, and I was competing, I would be using the Variflame. haha

Latest posts

Back