CVA Scout V2 question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoobilly

Reaction score
If you need to remove a breech to clean both, how are you getting taking it out with the ejector in the way?

If you need to remove a breech to clean both, how are you getting taking it out with the ejector in the way?
Im guessing you are using the modules. I use Di so my ejector has been removed. You should be able to remove it. Maybe use a small screwdriver to pry it down some to remove the breech plug.

Im guessing you are using the modules. I use Di so my ejector has been removed. You should be able to remove it. Maybe use a small screwdriver to pry it down some to remove the breech plug.
Right on. I’ll try that. Need to clean the barrel before I start shooting. Wasn’t sure if I needed to knock out the roll pin and remove it before taking the breech out.

Ive always removed my ejector. Lost that tiny spring once but CVA kindly sent me a couple free replacements. Someone here told me about filing down the BOTTOM of the ejector just enough to let it push down just far enough for a thin wall socket to clear. Then you can leave the ejector in place for cleaning. Ive filed mine down a bit so far but not quite yet to clear. Only taking material off of the bottom doesn't affect its function because the spring holds it up, in place.

Yep I had to push it down with a screwdriver and able to slide the breech out. Now to clean and then size to fit and get sighted in.

remove the roll pin and spring and just slide the ejector in place, pop it out when you want to take out the breech plug. easy peasy

Latest posts

Back