Deer are crazy critters....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
What's the craziest thing that has happened to you while deer hunting?

Three of us were driving to a section of public land in the Missouri breaks region of Montana very early one more and came across a half-dozen you buck mulies, all forks and basket racks, alongside of the road. We stopped thinking they wanted to cross the road. One of the larger baskets dropped his head and charged straight into the side of the passenger side front door getting his antlers all hung up in the mirror and mounts. Then he went absolutely nuts and was jumping and lunging so hard he flipped over and broke his neck, still hung up on the mirror. Fortunately, we had buck tags but getting a deer with a mirror wasn't hardly on the list. That thing was a ***** to get un-hung and I can see how two bucks can get hung up when sparring.

I was heading out bow hunting one morning, years ago.
At the time, I was driving my old Chevy Chevette, doin about 35 or 40 mph. A big doe appeared from the side of the road and almost slammed into the driver's side door. I hit the gas hard to avoid the deer. Funny thing was that the deer suddenly turned parallel to my car and I guess it hit high gear and actually passed me. Lol
It was the funniest moment that I can recall.
My Chevette got beat in a drag race by a whitetail.

Not a deer but… Me and a friend were going ice fishing in Alaska in ‘98, driving a Ford ranger, along some road outside Anchorage. Snow was plowed high on both sides. Rounded a turn and there was a cow moose walking along the same direction we were going. When we tried to go around(slowly) she turned her head to look at us and flipped her nose at the truck, real quick like, “dont try it boys”… smashed the grille of the truck in! Happened so quick we both shreaked like little girls i think. Took an extra hour to get to the lake driving behind at her walking speed. And our boss, who's truck we had borrowed, was super pissed that his truck got busted up.

I was heading out bow hunting one morning, years ago.
At the time, I was driving my old Chevy Chevette, doin about 35 or 40 mph. A big doe appeared from the side of the road and almost slammed into the driver's side door. I hit the gas hard to avoid the deer. Funny thing was that the deer suddenly turned parallel to my car and I guess it hit high gear and actually passed me. Lol
It was the funniest moment that I can recall.
My Chevette got beat in a drag race by a whitetail.
This made me laugh hard lol.

Latest posts

Back