Deer butchering

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent instructional video RAF! I used to do my own & I see from watching this professional butcher that I did short "cut" some steps for sure. I take mine to a local reputable butcher mainly because he makes outstanding bologna & sausage but he also seems to cut some of those special cuts a lil better than Ole Loggy used to. :lol:

Thanks for sharing video.

With my connection speed... :huh?: watching any kind of video or listening to music takes far too long. I guess it is the price you pay for living in the middle of no where.

As for butchering deer, I've been butchering deer, hogs, cattle, all kinds of fowl, and wild game, you name it since I was old enough to stand at the cutting table and work. Our family always butchered our own meats. We also make our own sausage, salami, venison sticks, bologna, and all those kinds of speciality meats.

I have gotten lazy in my old age. I buy a lot of my sausage supplies at http://www.sausagemaker.com The Sausage Maker .. a company out of New York. They also sell excellent pre mixed kits for sausage and stuff that 99% of the time turns out excellent.

I've been very fortunate to learn from the best. My dad was a meat cutter for almost 40 years and has taught me very well. Each time I've seen him "butcher" a deer he gives me a tutorial on the different "cuts" and how to do it.

Latest posts

Back