Deer stew

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Yesterday decided I have to find another use for all the deer meat in the freezer and suggested to my wife we make some stew. You have to understand that my wife isn't to fond of deer or other wild meat :(. She agreed to give a try so I got out a whole sirloin tip from one of the fawns I shot. Cut it into 1" cubes and turned it over to her. She made the stew just as she make beef stew, with onions, carrots, celery, tomato soup and what every else she put in. The then put the whole works into a slow cooker and let it go for 8 hours. What we ended up with was a delicious stew :D with no wild taste whatsoever :-* and she commented that she would do it again :yeah: .

There ya go RAF. Whenever I feel like my wife is starting to get an attitude about my hunting to much, my hunting clothes airing out on the porch or just before the season starts, I'll grill up some bacon wrapped backstrap fillets. That usually does the trick :wink:

Back