Fall Harvest Stew

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swamp

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
I’ve been making this stew for many years now. It’s easy, it’s tasty, and just damn good! I use a crock pot, so I double the batch to fill it up.

3 lbs cubed venison
1 big onion
2 packs McCormick Slow Cooker Stew Seasoning
2 sweet potatoes cubed
1 zucchini cubbed
1 yellow squash cubed
1 ea. red, yellow, orange, bell pepper (fall colors) cubed
1 can mushrooms drained

Put cubed venison in crock with minced onion, and the 2 packs of seasoning premixed in 2-2/3’s cups of water. You can use any cut of venison, stew meat, steaks, roasts, it don’t matter. Turn crock on high and let cook for 2 hours. Next cut your vegetables in sizes you prefer and add to the crock. Cook another hour on high, occasionally stirring. Check vegetables for desired softness. Serve with a fresh bread. Fall harvest stew! Easy and damn good!

1663000247126.jpeg

Last edited:
You can change up the vegetables to whatever you like. I’ve made this recipe with mixed vegetables as well. It all tastes great!

The last batch I made I added two jalapeños cut up and it added a nice little heat to it. It was excellent! Be creative with it. As long as you keep the meat and spices like in the recipe, you cannot go wrong. Try with other wild game too.

I’ve been making this stew for many years now. It’s easy, it’s tasty, and just damn good! I use a crock pot, so I double the batch to fill it up.

3 lbs cubed venison
1 big onion
2 packs McCormick Slow Cooker Stew Seasoning
2 sweet potatoes cubed
1 zucchini cubbed
1 yellow squash cubed
1 ea. red, yellow, orange, bell pepper (fall colors) cubed
1 can mushrooms drained

Put cubed venison in crock with minced onion, and the 2 packs of seasoning premixed in 2-2/3’s cups of water. You can use any cut of venison, stew meat, steaks, roasts, it don’t matter. Turn crock on high and let cook for 2 hours. Next cut your vegetables in sizes you prefer and add to the crock. Cook another hour on high, occasionally stirring. Check vegetables for desired softness. Serve with a fresh bread. Fall harvest stew! Easy and damn good!

View attachment 23205
The picture is making me hungry. Wrote this all down and taped it to the fridge.

It's hard to go wrong with a bowl of stew on a cold fall/winter day. I'll be adding this one to my rotation!

Latest posts

Back