Defiance short action anti ultralight 6.49 lb 45 cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 11851bullet was taken from shoulder on far side under hide , weighs about 530 can buy mold from Accurate , I believe mold is .45-540w is number might contact 52Bore about making it a HP, he did this one. Also deer was at 429 yds at time using 94 grains of 2ff Swiss from an EncoreView attachment 11852
WOW. That looks like a school bus.

All right impatient old May couldn't wait for the wind to lay down I went ahead and shot my first group this is 60 grains by weight 240 grain 40 cal fury in a light blue I don't know what to say I'm overwhelmed,, I'm freaking out

Attachments

• IMG_20201224_155303454.jpg
    IMG_20201224_155303454.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 4
The crosshairs on that little cheap Leupold scope are thick as my leg, I'm convinced with a nice scope on it this may be a one-hole load,, anyway it's a cold crisp day here very windy I shot and let the gun rest for just maybe 3 minutes The barrel cooled off instantly so those I would consider all cool barrel shots The bore on the rifle feels excellent by the way it is a Wilson barrel.

I'll shoot that same load again tomorrow maybe tweak it a little bit more and shoot some 250 furys and some 250 Pittman's I was hoping that 16 twist would shine with the jacketed 240 to 250 40 cal bullet in a sabot it looks like it's going to

Back